The Baby Blues Have Subsided…

So all it took was a talk with Daddy and words of comfort in the form of comments and emails and I am feeling better. I’ve learned to relax, however it still kind of worries me when I don’t get enough accomplished. It just makes me feel good when I get things done.

So what happened during my Baby Blues/Emotional episode?

Rolling out of the hospital in the wheelchair, I remembered waddling in while having contractions with intentions of getting my cervix checked only. A lady was in tears running to see about a loved one…

The first day home Brahms Lullaby played over and over in my head. It made me teary eyed. Leaving the birthing center and being wheeled to my private room, I got to press a button which played Brahms Lullaby, an indicator that a new baby has been born. Of course I heard this song over and over as new babies in the center were born.

My mother stayed with us from April 23rd – May 2nd. She smokes. I cried because parts of the house smelled like smoke and I really don’t want Boogie around smoke. (She started off smoking outside, but every time she went out there, one of our neighbors happened to be out too. He was a chatterbox and my mother just wanted to relax.)

I really didn’t start feeling bad until after my mother left. When she was here Boogie wasn’t much trouble. Daddy and I hogged him the whole time. My mother had to literally ask to do something. When she left, I had like every symptom in the book.

I was attacked with frequent crying/tearfulness.

I felt “blah”. I’d talk to my mother on the phone and not have much to say. I felt unmotivated since tasks had piled up. I couldn’t concentrate, still can’t at times. I’ve had a case of Mommy Brain since the pregnancy. Guess I have to deal with it, lol.

I felt bad because I had just had a baby and I wasn’t smiling from ear to ear.

I had something like a midlife crisis, only I’m just starting the second decade of my life. I started thinking about how fast Boogie is going to grow up and how tomorrow I’m going to be a grandmother!

I lost my appetite.

I felt alone.

I started thinking about how dependent I am of Daddy and what would Boogie and I do if something happened to him. I missed cuddling with him.

I felt miserable basically.

But I’m much better!!! :-D

Shirli and Keisha encouraged me to spit this all out on Mommy Daddy Blog. I thank them, Daddy, and all of you guys who have left me words of comfort! I REALLY appreciate it! I feel like less of a loon now, lol.

Now for some F-U-N!

Notes From My Nest is hosting a Mother’s Day Blog Bash! There are so many prizes it’s insane! For a sneak peek of the prizes view The Giveaway Gallery!

I’m joining in on the fun by sharing what I know now about motherhood.

- I am susceptible to the Baby Blues. How could I not include this one?
- Motherhood isn’t ALL rainbows and lollypops. Eh, I kinda KNEW that. Ok, having a baby isn’t ALL rainbows and lollypops, there’s some tornadoes and licorice (hoping most people HATE licorice) in mix too.
- Motherhood is feeding your child first although you haven’t eaten all day. When you do eat, it’s whatever’s quick and you end up chomping it down so that you can get back to motherhood.
- Motherhood is snot, spit-up, breast milk, and baby tinkle dripped all over your bed and clothes and not caring.

But it’s all worth it!

The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com
The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com0The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com0The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com0The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com0The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com0The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.comThe Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.comThe Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com
The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com

The Baby Blues Have Subsided... Sophistishe.com

10 Responses to “The Baby Blues Have Subsided…”

1. Helen says:

Thanks for this post. It really helps me prepare for what’s to come. :) :) You’re a great mother, blues or not!

Helen’s last blog post..Braxton Hicks Contractions

2. Sky says:

I’m glad you are feeling better! I was at such a loss with my first! Blogging does help, just venting to anyone! While taking care of your baby is important, don’t forget that taking care of yourself is just as important!!

Sky’s last blog post..Introducing the new…KIRTSY!

3. Kim says:

I actually teared up reading this.. I got the BB so bad with my first son. And reading your post made all those feelings rush back in.. I am so happy that you are at the end and that things are looking up.. It is like a cloud lifted right? I remember clearly the day I woke up and did not feel all those emotions.

I am so happy you shared.. so many of us hide behind the fake smile (I did for such a long time)

Kim’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Fluff and Fold

4. Blessed says:

As one new mom to another – congrats on beating the first round of baby blues, now you know how to conquer them when they come around again!

Aren’t new babies beautiful!

Just party hopping, hope you’ll stop by sometime!

Blessed’s last blog post..Only a Mom would understand…

Sheena, glad you are feeling like yourself again. The good thing about the blues it that it’s only temporary. It sure helps to have a good man to encourage you (I know I have one that did!). Now you can relax and realize that what you don’t get done today will wait for you tomorrow. My boy is almost 2 months old and I still struggle to get stuff done. Some days I get nothing accomplished at all. Now today is one of those good days that I have done enough for one week! I better get back to it before I lose my mojo! Take care!! :-)

Sheliza’s last blog post..Are You Text Savvy?

6. Gina says:

I’m glad they’ve subsided. Sometimes I still feel the way you do, your mind wanders, its normal. One thing tho… Mommy brain, yea that sticks around forever, and when you have another one, it gets worse LOL.

Gina’s last blog post..Oops……..

7. I just want to start off by saying that your blog is the best thing to happen to my pregnancy since deep fried shrimp. I love how you and your hubby are so honest and open about the things you’re experiencing and the feelings your feeling on this journey. I’ve got 5 weeks left before my Azmyth gets here and after reading your blog a few weeks ago about going to the mall then popping, I’m so anxious for him to be here! I’m so glad you’re feeling better and I’m even more glad that you’ve got this blog. I’ve blogged a few times on my myspace page and its so therapeutic, plus reading peoples comments helps more than they realize.

I said all that to say… HANG IN THERE MOMMY! We’re all feeling the same way and we all love you very much. Also, I HATE licorice too!

Sheena!!! You’re the best mom ever. I’m so happy to hear you’re feeling better. ;)

tanyetta’s last blog post..DJ has a brother!!!

9. I am so glad that you are feeling better and now know exactly what you need to know about being a mommy…. Everything else just doesn’t matter!

I love that picture of you and Boogie!

~Christine

P.S. I was trying to think of something witty to say about the licorice comment, ’cause I LOVE the stuff, but it just wasn’t coming. I got it… The licorice, whether you like it or not, is what makes us better mommies!

Christine (aka YoungMommy)’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday — My SpiderBaby

I am glad you are feeling better. I really wish I had a blog when I was having the mommy blues. Maybe they would have been a little easier to understand. It is such a great thing that you are able to share what you are going through and be honest about it. Sometimes it is hard to believe others may be experiencing the same emotions you are and you are not alone. That is a great photo of you and Boogie!

1stopmom’s last blog post..My New Favorite Popcorn