Mother’s Day Gifts Galore!

This post originally appeared on MommyDaddyBlog.com.

Happy Mother’s Day! I had the best Mother’s Day ever. I spent the day snuggling with Daddy and Boogie! Things have been so hectic around here, so we just wanted to relax.

I had written a post this morning regarding my Baby Blues (which I’ll now be postponing until Tuesday). As I finished the post, Daddy surprised me with one of my Mother’s Day gifts! He called me over to look at Boogie who was sleeping. He said that Boogie was making his famous pucker face and to hurry up and look before he stops. So I go over and notice that he’s not even making the face. Daddy’s like you don’t see it? And I’m like no. Then I notice a navy blue jewelry box in between Boogie’s arms. It was dark and I may as well be blind, it’s definitely time for some new glasses. So I didn’t see the box right away. I open the box and reveal…

Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com

Daddy had something else up his sleeve. He had me read this post while he stood behind me. I got to the last sentence…

Oh and by the way Sheena, turn around.

Confused, I reread the sentence and thought to myself… Why am I turning around? This is like something from a movie when a guy proposes.

I turn around and there Daddy is kneeled down with an open ring box!!!!!!!! It was snot, hugs, and kisses from there and of course I said YES. Well actually, I said of course!

Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com

*ignore my nails*

Clutch your pearls, Daddy and I are not married. *GASP* I don’t bother correcting those who call us husband and wife here. Please don’t think of us as heathens, lol. Basically we feel a couple shouldn’t rush into marriage especially when a baby comes into the picture. A wedding is something that we both want to enjoy and cherish, so we much rather wait until we are able to coordinate something decent rather than run off to the Justice of The Peace or end up having a house wedding with Popeye’s chicken :-/. We don’t plan on “doing it big”, but we surely can make it look that way by using our resources and sticking to a reasonable budget. We have plans for June 14th 2009. Save the date!

So as you can see I got some very lovely gifts on my very first Mother’s Day. I really wasn’t expecting so much, just having Jayden was enough for me!

Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com0Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com0Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com0Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com0Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com0Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.comMothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.comMothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com
Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com

Mothers Day Gifts Galore! Sophistishe.com

34 Responses to “Mother’s Day Gifts Galore!”

I’m still jumping for joy about the bling bling :)

tanyettas last blog post..At the right place at the right time.

2. Trina says:

Congrats on your engagement!

Trinas last blog post..My Gift to My Hubby…

3. Tricia says:

Oh my gosh! That had to be the most perfectest (lol) proposal I have ever heard! The post that he had you read made me tear up. It’s about darn tootin’ time! LOL just kidding. Congrats to both of you :)

4. Jamie Riexinger says:

Congratulations on your engagement! I wish you both much happiness!!

5. Amanda says:

OMG !!!! CONGRATULATIONS BTW YOU MISSED MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY *stabs*

Amanda’s last blog post..Tomato Salad

6. bunny says:

Congrats to all the winners! And WOW! What nice gifts you got :) Yay!

7. Petula says:

Wow! What a wonderful Mother’s Day. Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is absolutely beautiful!

Petula’s last blog post..You can still win!

8. Sylvie says:

I haven’t been past your blog and today I said hmmm let’s see if the baby has been born! And look at all of this FABULOUS NEWS! Congratulations! What a sweet proposal. The ring and the necklace are both BEAUIFUL! And Boogie Oh My Goodness he is GORGEOUS sooo sweet.

9. Kim says:

I am jumping up and down for you guys.. that is great news!! Congrats..

and your ring is beautiful!!!

PS. Happy Belated Mother’s Day.. I am sorry to miss your first one!! Hope you had a great day!!

Kim’s last blog post..Sunday Snap Shots & a Virus

10. Lisa C says:

Congratulations to you both!! What a beautiful ring, Greg :)

Thanks for my gift as well, I’m going to enjoy it :)

Lisa C’s last blog post..Happy Mother’s Day!!

11. Gina says:

AHHHHH!!!

CONGRATS! I teared up a little just reading that, DADDY what a great way to purpose! CONGRATS to you both!!

Congrats to the winners as well!

Gina’s last blog post..Oops……..

12. Ellie says:

Ah! Baby! Congrats! And lovely ring ;)

13. Dee says:

Congratulations!

Dee’s last blog post..The mind says yes, but the body screams no!

14. Hi, this is my first time visiting your site (I’m late for the Ultimate Blog Party – I’m #1257 on the list and am still visiting the party goers :) ) and I have to say Congratulations!! What a beautiful ring, and the necklace isn’t too shabby either! Really like the ring, though. ;)

And Happy Belated Mother’s Day!

JoLynn Braley’s last blog post..Hey Fatty, Why Can’t You Just Control Yourself?