Flashback Friday: The Good Ol’ Days

Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com

This post, written by Greg, originally appeared on MommyDaddyBlog.com.

I took this picture at a Hammond, IN gas station back in the spring of 2005 because I wanted to look back at it in the future and laugh at how ridiculously high the gas prices were at the time. Boy, how I wish those were the gas prices now. Before heading in to work today, I stopped to gas up my car. The price of gas has been hoovering in the $3.90′s in my area for a while now, but today it had finally surpassed $4.

I asked our followers on Twitter how high the gas prices were in their area…

Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com

As you can see, some areas are still lucking up with gas prices under $4, but in other areas, they are as high as $4.65! Craaaaazy!

So how high is gas in your area?

Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com0Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com1Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com0Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com0Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com0Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.comFlashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.comFlashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com
Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com

Flashback Friday: The Good Ol Days Sophistishe.com

10 Responses to “Flashback Friday: The Good Ol’ Days”

1. California says:

Who knew your picture would soon be a fond memory of the good ole days? $4.65 for regular here in California. Eek!

Californias last blog post..Wordless Wednesday on Tuesday, Pt. Lobos Tumultuous Sea

2. Yolanda says:

I never thought I’d be missing $2/gallon gas and definitely expect to miss $3/gallon! We’re currently between $3.88-3.99 a gallon in the Dallas suburbs.

Yolandas last blog post..Oldie But Goodie

3. michelle rosborough says:

The gas here is from $4.23 – $4.79 a gallon

4. flipflopmamma says:

It’s 4.11 here in NW Indiana. Are you guys still around Hammond? Or were you just passing through when you took that picture? If you are, we are very close! :)

flipflopmammas last blog post..

5. Jennifer says:

I would kill to have gas prices back @ $2 or $1 a gallon. I live in Chicago and I use regular, which is $4.33+ in many city areas. Surrounding suburbs are $4.29+ for regular.

Jennifers last blog post..In Solidarity: Global Day for Darfur

6. Lindsey says:

On Friday’s ours goes up to almost 4 bucks. I think it’s like 3.89. I might be wrong though. I try to look everytime I go by but sometimes I forget. I’m in Kentuky.

Lindseys last blog post..What do you want to do?

We come in at the lowest in Columbia, South Carolina with about $3.78. When I first moved here 12 years ago, it was 79 cents a gallon! We were road trippin’ like mad!!!

Shelizas last blog post..Brontosaurus Soap??

8. Sky says:

Wow, I guess I’ve thought our gas prices were high here in Nebraska. How wrong I’ve been! In my town, we run from $3.86 on a good day to $3.97 on a not so good day.

I’m sure it will go down again someday!

Skys last blog post..I Need a New Cell Phone

9. Suzie G says:

Ugh… We’re at $4.50 here and it’s gotten to the point where we don’t even look at the price anymore. I wouldn’t doubt it if it hits $5 soon. My fiance has to commute pretty far for work and fills up twice a week. Three times sometimes if we go to Sea World or somewhere during the weekend.

10. Josh Maxwell says:

I’ve been reading along for a while now. I just wanted to drop you a comment to say keep up the good work.