We Moved, Now What?

Last Saturday we moved with the help of Greg’s mom, his step dad, step brother, and brother. The boys loaded up the U-Haul while Greg’s mom watched Boogie, and I cleaned up. We were out of there and moved in to our new place in a few hours.

When we arrived, the water was off. I had set up the water account the day before (smart I know). I hooked it up to our bank account to get out of paying the $50 deposit. So luckily a guy from the water department was in the area. He showed up to turn on the water next door, only they weren’t at home. For some reason, he wound up at our place. He kindly turned the water on for us. We had planned on just sucking it up, boiling some water until Monday. No need for stress. See where positive thoughts get you?

Greg’s mom and stepdad took Boogie back with them for a few days so that we could thoroughly unpack in peace. We were determined to COMPLETELY unpack, something that we always fail to do. Everything has has it’s own place. Anything that we don’t need we are donating or selling. It’s time to let go.

On Wednesday, we did some grocery shopping. As we headed back home, the brakes on our car started to fail. It looks like something’s up with the brake line. We’ll see once a family friend looks at it. We avoid going to local mechanics if possible because they always try to wriggle their way into our pockets by telling us that we have unicorns under our hood and how we should purchase their super deluxe anti unicorn packages. It always seems that something goes wrong when we are trying to get it together. It’s always the car, always is. As much as I want to be pissed, I can’t. I’m trying to stay positive and stress-free. It will work out.

Now that we’ve moved, I don’t know what to do. I know I want to chill out. I don’t feel like being bothered. I just need some time to think. A cruise would be nice. I need to focus more on home. I need to get on my couponing game and I need to start menu planning. Our living expenses are about to increase and I’m kind of on the fence. We need to get married. We keep putting it off. I want to get back in to my hobbies. Last year I spent too much time on the computer trying to get my big break, it was worth it I guess. I guess I still have a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth from a series of events starting around the holiday season of last year. I’ve learned what’s worth my time and what isn’t, who will be there for me and who won’t. I will take my time blogging. If it doesn’t come naturally, then I will not force myself to write. I will not write BS posts just to act as fillers. I will not stress out if a week goes by and I haven’t posted. I’m going to focus on quality over quantity. I am referring to Mommy Daddy Blog. I’m on my way to finding direction.

I got a consulting job and I’m really excited about that. I really want to succeed, so I am trying to get my priorities in order.

Last night while twisting my locs, I found a grey hair. Well, isn’t that fabulous?

I miss personal blogging, I really do…

We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com0We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com0We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com0We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com0We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com0We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.comWe Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.comWe Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com
We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com

We Moved, Now What? Sophistishe.com

11 Responses to “We Moved, Now What?”

1. Jonez says:

Sheena, I’m rooting for you! 2010 is going to be your year.

2. rajguru says:

HI,
    First of all Congrats for the job and all the best. some times Good things comes in a package , Life always have stress and other problems but we never lost our confidence and the progress will come in our way.

Thanks

3. Machwan says:

That’s a good effort you have put on the network through your blogg. I appriciate your work.

4. Meredith says:

Hey Sheena! Wow, I haven't been here in forever! Sounds like things are going well for you though. Congrats on the new home! Very exciting. =) As for the gray hair, I've been getting them for a few years and find myself plucking them daily now. *cringe*

5. Shelly says:

Wow, I totally need to be following this blog!

6. Shannon says:

Congratulations on the move and I hope that you guys are all settled in!
    Congratulations on the job also. Sometimes we have to do other things to find our way but it's good that you want to progress in a different direction.

7. anie_b says:

We need the proper inspiration and motivation to face the challenges of life and to keep ourselves stress free.

8. wrestlingaddict says:

KIP – Keep It Positive! That's something a friend of mine taught me to always do, I'm glad your trying to keep it that way and stress free. I wish I could do the same, it seems I'm always stressing about something.

Good for you for blogging guilt free as well, blog when you need to, blog when you have to, don't blog because your forced to, again something I need to remember as well. Lately I've been stressing out about my blog, not so much the posts but other things I've talked to you about before. We'll talk ;) Hope you have a stress free and FUN family weekend and congrats on the move!

9. caseydeuce says:

We move next week.. I feel ya love, and the car issues, and the expense increase and all that crap… I'm there with ya. But big congrats on the new position and by the way, the marriage ain't all its cracked up to be… and I'm sure you know that, its about the love. Screw that piece of paper until its convenient for you….

I think you are doing wonderful! You will be successful not matter what you do. Just keep trying to be positive girl :) You are my inspiration! Look at all the great things you have accomplished so far. I am glad you have started your personal blog again. It looks great by the way!

11. Dee says:

Good for you getting all unpacked. I moved in June and I still have so much to unpack, I don't even want to think about it. I had to laugh about the anti-unicorn packages. Heh. And you're not kidding…how come it always, always, always has to be the car? Ugh! Congrats on the new consulting position.