Swooned By Google Chrome

Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com

I’ve always liked Google Chrome and I would use it occasionally because its performance was substantially faster than Mozilla Firefox. What kept me from using it as a default browser? Its lack of browser extensions. Well, now there are extensions available for Chrome. I was able to find an Chrome extension to replace almost every Firefox extension I had. I love how fast the Google Chrome extensions install. I don’t even have to restart the browser each time I install one.

Here’s a list of Google Chrome extensions I have Running:

Have you made the switch to Google Chrome? How do you like it? What extensions are you running?

Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com0Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com0Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com0Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com0Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com0Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.comSwooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.comSwooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com
Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com

Swooned By Google Chrome Sophistishe.com

20 Responses to “Swooned By Google Chrome”

1. SHUT UP!

I love you for posting about the extensions! Serious fan of Google Chrome, but didn’t use it as often for the same reasons you didn’t.

Thanks for posting this!

2. Church CMS says:

Google Chrome 4 vrsion is really impressive after all it supports many extensions like firefox addons. And i personally prefer Chrome because its much lighter then firefox if you used many windows at a same time.

3. I was using Google Chrome but found it very unstable. It would crash a lot for me. Additionally, for web design purposes, Firefox has much better addons.

@Kristina Brooke, that’s funny because my Firefox would crash a lot. I had some web design addons for Firefox, but never used them. Only thing that bothers me is that Chrome doesn’t have an FTP extension yet.

4. wedding gifts says:

Google chrome is one of the best web browsers i have seen. Its really cool and its really fast also. The new themes option makes it more trendy.

5. Daisy says:

My Droid junky hubby had us over to Chrome about 6 months ago but I am addicted to my roboform(can’t live without it)and at the time they had not added extensions yet, so he went to the beta test of Chromium…I was able to get my roboform and have been there ever since. I kinda switch between all the browsers because the hubs has us jumpin all over the place.
    He’s like a kid in the candy store especially when he sees open source. I just want to walk to my computer and find it like I left it; same browser, same operating system! Anything that resembled what I last saw :-)
    I do love the [SEO Status Pagerank/Alexa Toolbar] that’s my fave!
    Great post

6. Shannon says:

I will admit, I’m completely swooned over by google chrome. I just started using it and have been doing so for a week. It’s a lot faster. The only problem I seem to be having with mine is that when I visit feeds, the pages come up scrambled. I don’t know what the deal is with that.

7. I have been hearing good things about Google Chrome, but as usual I am always nervous about changing what I quote as “the norm” for myself. I think I am going to download it and try it out this weekend though. You have convinced me.

@Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva, I am the SAME way. Years and years ago, I was scared of Photoshop because there was just stuff everywhere. I was used to using Paint Shop Pro. Now I’m trying to figure out Google Wave. A few months ago, I got a new DSLR camera and wouldn’t touch it because I was used to my Canon. HA!

I think I tried Google Chrome a while back. I have not used it lately though. After hearing what you have to say I am definitely willing to give it another try. I am so in need of a better browser.

9. Jenn says:

I switched to Google Chrome a few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it! Extensions I’m running: AdThwart, Google Mail Checker, PageRank Display, Ping.fm, Webpage Screenshot

10. Miracle says:

I made the switch a while ago, but I never used it for the same reason you mentioned. And another reason that escapes me. But yeah, I’m going to piggyback your extensions and give it another try. Especially now that they have a cute monkey theme I love. Weird—I’ve never noticed increased speed with the browser.

11. Marie says:

I LOVE Google Chrome! It’s so much faster than Mozilla! I dont use any extensions, but then I havent had time to look through them!

12. Krystel says:

I loveeee loveee Google Chrome. I find it even works great when i’m on Facebook and using their chat feature. On Mozilla Facebook chat is slow and laggy. I am just starting to even understand what extensions are but thanks for posting the ones you use , I am going to check them out.

13. Holly says:

I started using Google Chrome as soon as Wisestamp came out with an extension for it and I do not see myself ever going back to FireFox. I love Chrome for exactly what you mentioned, how much faster it is than FireFox. I always have the habit of watching television shows I love online because I only have very basic cable for our television here and whenever I wanted to have a video going and blog at the same time, FireFox would crash. Thankfully, Chrome works much better for this as well!