Toddler Reset

Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com Our boy child has been such a handful lately. Yes, I said boy child.

He had been sick from Wednesday through Saturday with a runny nose and off and on mild fever.

During that time, he received extra special care; especially from Daddy. He melts when his little guy isn’t feeling well.

Boy child got use to this special treatment and began to milk it. Remember, children are smarter than we think they are.

He’s been whining about everything, not enunciating (when he is capable of doing so), and screaming bloody murder because we cannot understand him. Most of our days are spent battling melt down after melt down.

Our neighbors probably have DHS on speed dial.

I don’t know how many times I rethunk extending our family of three to four.

I’m hoping after a visit with boy child’s grandparents this weekend – in a new environment, he’ll return to us reset.

Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com0Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com0Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com0Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com0Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com0Toddler Reset Sophistishe.comToddler Reset Sophistishe.comToddler Reset Sophistishe.com
Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com

Toddler Reset Sophistishe.com

11 Responses to “Toddler Reset”

1. Stephanie says:

Oh, but four is so much fun! ;)

We love watching our girls play together. The love between them is totally priceless.

And, in some ways, it’s *easier* having two because they entertain each other!

@Stephanie, and that is what we are looking forward to. Maybe I’ll bear good news this upcoming winter. Just maybe :).

2. Alisa N says:

You are preaching to the choir over here. We are going through the SAME thing with our “girl child”. Thank God her sister is more laid back. I grew up an only child too and always knew I wanted at least 2 kids.

Girl, we have been experiencing demon boy here and it gets trying. I think it was due to teething. He has some really good days here and there and I found that Hyland’s teething tablets help to calm his mannishness when he is out of control. I guess it is part of the growing toddler. Ah boys :)

4. Sounds like the little guy (and you and hubby) need a break. I hope being at the grandparents helps get him back on target. How close timewise are you to the end of the baby #2 list?

5. Drea says:

kids go thru phases… and hes just going thru a hard one right now. i remember many times with caleb having issues with him because he was unable to communicate properly.. he didnt speak well til 2 1/2… and we ended up having to rely on signing for lots of his needs. once he got past that age tho he started talking so good and at almost 6 we cant get him to shut up now LOL …

Having more kids tho… its so worth it. I cannot imagine life without my 3 boys and i still want more despite how hard it is… one day i will be old.. and unable to have children.. and when i think of my life in the future…i want it to be filled with lots of kids… and grandkids :) a few tantrums here and there the early years is worth it for sure!

but I do know.. its not easy!
    Hang in there

@Drea, I want a large family too. I am an only child and don’t want Jay to go through that torture, however, I don’t think we’ll be trying any time soon. So much to factor in besides the tantrums. Working on a lengthy pre-baby #2 bucket list.

6. kristin says:

Enjoy your weekend, does he have all of his molars. Sounds like classic teething. Or maybe I just have teething on the brain. ha!

LOVE the new blog!!!

@kristin, I can’t wait to relax. He’s got all of his teeth. Some of his friends were sick last week too, so it’s just a bug going around.

Thanks!

7. He might be reset this weekend, but now you’re primed and ready for his next meltdown. lol I absolutely LOVE your photos! Lovely pics.

@HomeGirl Quel, aww thanks. Love the energy you give off in your videos :).

Let the countdown to the weekend begin!