Unnies

Unnies Sophistishe.com

You are looking at what Jayden calls his “unnies”. He received a couple of packs for his birthday and I completed the collection with some Ebay and Walmart finds. He’s SO excited to wear “unnies”, so hopefully they will help us during this potty training journey. He’s trying to go to the toilet. He lets us know when he has to poop or has started. He’ll say, “poop toilet.” And then we’ll take him to the toilet to let him finish, followed by a series of “Yay you did it’s.”

A few days ago, he came running down the hall with a loaded diaper. He said “I poop”, sniffed inside, said “stinky”, and handed it over to me. Oh and a few days after that, he handed me a turd wrapped up in a dryer sheet. We HAVE to get this kid potty trained because he refuses to keep a diaper on. And we’re not open to surprises…

Did “unnies” encourage your kid(s) to potty train?

Unnies Sophistishe.com0Unnies Sophistishe.com0Unnies Sophistishe.com0Unnies Sophistishe.com0Unnies Sophistishe.com0Unnies Sophistishe.comUnnies Sophistishe.comUnnies Sophistishe.com
Unnies Sophistishe.com

Unnies Sophistishe.com

10 Responses to “Unnies”

1. Shannon says:

I had a pretty rough time potty training my son. He had some “Cars” undies. The Cars Pixar movie was his favorite. He would wear them and I would encourage him not to get them “dirty” and he’d become upset after he’d have an accident, so it kind of encouraged him to use the potty a lot more.

2. Jenny says:

Did “unnies” encourage your kid(s) to potty train?

No. No they don’t. It’s just another container to fill and make mom clean up. I’m getting sick of it. I’m tempted to let him go comando!! Maybe then he’ll actually shit in the toilet…

3. Being in “big boy underwears” (as my two oldest use to say) made them really excited to get potty trained. I made it seem like it was this big affair, we went to Wal-Mart and I let them pick out their own underwear. (That way they had on their favorites. lol) I think for one of my sons they liked Spongebob a lot, so I would say “Now, don’t pee or poop on Spongebob.” lol I know bad, but it worked.

I think his new “unnies” will help him potty train sooner. :)

Take care,
    Shynea

@Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva, Jay loves Bob Bob (Spongebob) too! I just wish the show wasn’t so goofy, lol.

4. Oh my gosh, I literally laughed out loud when you said turd in a dryer sheet. I bet he can’t wait to only wear his unnies.

We are still desperately trying to get Willie to speak much less potty train. That is so good that your boy is showing great signs of wanting to potty train. I am praying I won’t be one of those moms with a big boy still in diapers :(

6. Oh gosh, welcome to my life. lol

Kaydee will be 3 in less than 2 months and she’s an off and on potty learner. We tried the undies route and she’ll forget and pee in them. So far I’m having more luck with leaving her naked during the day and she’ll remember to use the potty.

7. Jenn says:

A dryer sheet? L-O-freaking-L. Now that’s pretty damn funny. Ryan always kept his messes contained in his diapers, and now that he’s potty-trained, in the toilet. Heh. He is quite proud to show me his accomplishments though!

Oh, and that’s a pretty impressive collection of underwear there. Way to go, Jayden! Ryan has a huge collection, and I only bought two packs worth of it, heh. You see, both of my brothers are autistic, and unfortunately didn’t potty-train until they were four and five… so dozens, literally DOZENS, of underwear were barely or never used… guess who inherited them? :D

• Jenn says:

Oh, and to answer your question… for Alyssa, having pretty sparkly pink Spongebob underwear encouraged her to go from diapers to underwear, overnight.

For Ryan, the idea of not having poop stuck to his bottom and boy parts (we had SERIOUS issues with him holding bowel movements because of this!!!) was enough to entice him to use the potty.

@Jenn, when you can’t find tissue, grab a dryer sheet! We had just done laundry, so that’s where he got it from. LOL. We had gotten a pack of “unnies” from a mom whose boy grew out of them before he trained…score!

Jay does not like any waste touching him, so he’s always naked. *sigh*