I’m feeling pretty domestic.

First roast of the year.
Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com

Baking cookies.
Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com

Our new shower curtain.
Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com

I’m feeling pretty domestic lately.

I’ve joined Popinjay, a weekly concept photo challenge. The challenge two weeks ago (give me a break) was domestic. The week before was selfless and this week is caged. Join us why don’tchu? I’ll catch up.

P.S. Do you have any recipe recommendations for green beans? I canned a whole lot of ‘em (in jars) and honestly, I’m a lil’ green bean challenged.

Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com0Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com5Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com0Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com0Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com0Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.comIm feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.comIm feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com
Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com

Im feeling pretty domestic. Sophistishe.com

13 Responses to “I’m feeling pretty domestic.”

1. courtney says:

LOOKS YUM and I love the shower curtain~

2. Caity says:

I love your pictures! I think photo challenges are so fun!

3. Sheena says:

@Jessica, I’ll have to try adding mushrooms! I’m on the hunt for a smokin’ casserole recipe.

4. Jessica says:

We eat a lot of green beans in my house. Our favorite is frying up some bacon, then adding mushrooms and green beans to the pan. We also make green beans with onion and mushrooms. Or green bean casserole.

5. Serene says:

I’m afraid canned green beans are my nemesis, but I sure do like your photos!

6. Sheena says:

@BLR Graham, when you say canned, do you mean canned from the grocery store or “homemade” canned (in jars)? I canned fresh beans in jars.

Thanks for stopping by :).

7. the soup looks fantastic! even though sad to see summer go, i love Fall. The cool air makes me cook & bake, too! Last made cream cheese brownies – yum. Cool shower curtain :-)

8. BLR Graham says:

Hmm, I use canned green beans for emergency only:) Add butter, heat it up, drain, and serve warm seasoned with salt and pepper:)

Following your wonderful blog!

You may visit/follow or join our site at http://olahmomma.com where you can also add your blog profile (and your blog banner), and/or your business domain.

You can also promote your giveaways & more for free at http://olahmomma.com/sweetdeals.

9. Tawna says:

Found you via mom bloggers club, and am your newest follower. Hope to see you by my blog too.

I have 3 blogs, you can follow all 3 or pick the one that best suits you.

Twitter: tawna6988
    Grab m blog buttons and leave me a comment to grab yours back!
    You can follow me on FB too, like my FB page from one of my blogs and let me know if you have a FB too.

If you grab my blog buttons leave me a comment and I will grab yours back and paste to my blogs. If you grab all 3 of mine, I will put your button on all 3 of my blogs!

Thanks
    Tawna

10. Liss says:

There’s a recipe I LOVE, but not sure how it’ll work with canned beans, but if you can saute them, feel free to give this a try.

Using a wok or a saute pan, cover the bottom in your favourite cooking oil (EVOO is my favourite), and heat to just below smoking point. Add in green beans and saute until they turn bright green and begin to darken, continuously stirring to keep from burning. Add in sliced onions (smaller cooks faster and more evenly), garlic powder, and pepper and continue to cook until beans are fully cooked to your preferred level.

P.S. that roast looks extremely tasty!

@Liss, I’ve tried this before but they were canned (jarred) and they tasted…I don’t know…greasy if that’s the word I’m looking for and not that flavorful – I even added bacon lol. It wasn’t because of the oil, I think it’s just the texture of green beans. Sigh. Maybe I can make a casserole. LOL

• Liss says:

@Sheena, yeah, that’s what I thought, since they were canned. I really just have experience cooking with fresh beans.

And there’s nothing wrong with casserole! ;) or in stews…

11. Drea says:

mmmm that looks SO GOOD!! and love the curtain :)