Summer chugs on by.

Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com
Photo taken February 2007, Chicagoland-ish

There’s a train that comes running by daily. To most, that would come as an annoyance. I hear it today and I am comforted. Autumn comes to mind. That’s when we moved here. Last year.

The sweltering heat, freeze pops, blowing of fans, and sandals pass with each click-clack of the tracks; inviting crisp, cool air, warm meals, snuggles, boots and a new beginning in the same home.

Summer chugs on by.

Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com0Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com4Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com0Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com1Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com0Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.comSummer chugs on by. Sophistishe.comSummer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com
Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com

Summer chugs on by. Sophistishe.com

8 Responses to “Summer chugs on by.”

1. Patricia says:

ohhh!!!
    I love! love! this photo!

2. Tisha says:

Nice..I love the smell of cinnamon-y candles. Oh..and please don't keep those crockpot recipes to yourself. I want to bring in this new season with some fresh new cooking ideas. :-) I have to prepare some hefty meals for my big boys.

3. gigglesandlollipops says:

I cannot wait for fall. We also moved into our home in fall while I was pregnant with my oldest, so every year when we decorate for Halloween, it reminds me of the time that our life was full of new beginnings.

4. Shelly says:

I am such a fall and winter person and I am craving some crisp air. We are still in the 90's in SC. I bought one of the new fall candles by Glade and it smells like November in a jar. Love it. Love your sweet little post :)

5. Jenn says:

Ah, fall. I can't wait! It's getting dark sooner, the air has that crisp smell to it, and those weird bugs are chirping more at night. Fall is just around the corner, whee!

• sophistishe says:

I changed my desktop wallpaper to something more season suitable a few weeks ago and I pulled out the decor today. I just need some more cinnamon-y candles and crockpot recipes!