Every Halloween we have fun by making and enjoying themed treats. Like our Halloween decor, we don’t do it big. We keep things sweet and simple. :)
Pumpkin Carving & Roasted Seeds
Every Halloween we buy at least one pumpkin for decorating and making pumpkin seeds. If we do any carving, we go at it blindly with a regular ‘ol steak knife. This year, we decided to get a little more creative and less disastrous. We bought a pumpkin carving kit from Walmart for only $4 along with a large pumpkin for less than $4. The pumpkin carving kit included carving tools and design stencils. Greg carved the pumpkin and Jayden helped clean it out. I then, cleaned up the seeds, sprinkled some garlic salt, pepper, and seasoning salt on top, and roasted them. I spread some honey across some of the seeds for Greg. They were delicious!
Peanut Butter Choc Chip Brownies
I originally had planned to bake some kind of pumpkin shaped cookies, but I decided on these tasties instead!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together peanut butter and butter. Gradually blend in the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in preheated oven. Cool, and cut into squares. Top with frosting and sprinkles.
Since this was Jayden’s first year trick-or-treating, I wanted him to have a special bag. I ordered this super cute personalized treat bag from Walmart for only $10, $2.97 shipping! We did community trick-or-treating tonight and his treat bag perfectly housed all the candy, notepads, and pencils he collected.
What Halloween themed treats are you enjoying?
I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Join me and my fellow Walmart Moms (Domestic Diva, Wholesome Mommy, Frugal Upstate, MommyBrain Reports, Chic Shopper Chick, Consumer Queen, A Cowboy’s Wife, Lille Punkin, and Being Frugal) as we try to have the best Halloween for less at Walmart. Walmart has provided me with compensation to creatively blog about Halloween Savings at Walmart. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are my own.
Although this post is sponsored, it pertains to my life which is why I chose to publish it through the non-sponsored feed.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Scenes From The Office / Making It Ours On A Budget - March 9, 2014
- Red Beans and Rice - March 4, 2014
- Novogratz Dinnerware Collection At Macy’s - March 2, 2014