‘Tis The Season To Take A Break

Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com

The time has come for me to take a much needed and well deserved break. I haven’t had a time in a while where I didn’t worry about what I owed someone else. It kept me from blogging about life, Tweeting, and Facebooking because if I had time to do those things, I had time to take care of what was owed. I felt guilty for doing anything for fun and would put those things off until I was caught up. The house had become a disaster and I do not function well in disorder. I went through spells of motion sickness (minus nausea) which I believe was stress induced. Although I didn’t feel stressed and my doctor said I didn’t appear stressed, I know it was and what targeted the bobble-headed episodes. Believe it or not, it was not blogging. It was juggling design work. I always hit a point where I want to quit because I end up with too many clients at once.

I won’t be quitting, but I will be taking a break to figure things out. It always seems I know what to do, it’s just finding the time to do so. My ultimate goal is to better the finances for more leisure time, not losing leisure time bettering the finances.

So I will use this time of leisure to:

• Organize my goals, my computer, and inbox
  • Enjoy time with family and friends
  • Spend alone time with Greg
  • Be a better mom and wife
  • Play video games
  • Take pictures
  • Treat myself to a few things
  • Make plans to be a better part of this online community
  • RE freakin’ LAX!

That said, I will see you all in 2011. I won’t be switching blogs, lol, I’m quite happy here. All remaining reviews/promos that haven’t been posted by Christmas will resume mid-January. If I have time, I may throw some in before then. Sponsors, thanks for your patience and I hope you understand. Readers (especially commenters) and design clients, thanks for sticking around during such a hectic time in my life. An update on that will be coming when I return. I may have blurted some of those updates out on Twitter and Facebook :). And if you’re wondering, I won’t be taking on any new design projects until the Spring ;).

Happy Holidays… and to all, a good night!

Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com
Cards courtesy of Shutterfly.

Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com0Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com0Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com0Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com0Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com0Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.comTis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.comTis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com
Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com

Tis The Season To Take A Break Sophistishe.com

16 Responses to “‘Tis The Season To Take A Break”

1. Jessica says:

First of all, congratulations on your marriage. I am so excited for your family!

Secondly, enjoy your break. Look forward to reading more from you in 2011. :)

2. Nicole says:

You deserve it! The best thing we can do is step back & prioritize or life. Enjoy!

3. izzy says:

Great list! Please, enjoy your break.

4. Wifey says:

Breaks are good! Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do. Enjoy and take your time.

Hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays!

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

5. Enjoy your break! Looking forward to 2011!

6. Angie says:

everyone deserves a break! It is most helpful to reevaluate goals and make new ones! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

7. Grace says:

Just wanted to tell you how much I related to your desire to take a break. My house has become disorderly too with making Christmas presents and blogging. As it looks now, I’ll be cleaning my house for on Christmas day so I can feel good about it LOL
    Happy Holidays,

8. Kristina Brooke says:

You know I understand and am right there with you! You have earned this break, so be sure to enjoy it. Thanks for all of your help and for sharing my stresses! Here’s to bigger and better things in 2011!

9. jennydecki says:

You’re taking a break? Then we’re not friends anymore. Just kidding – you know you’ve earned it and that without a healthy mama the whole family is on a foundation of sand. Be healthy inside and out and I’ll be right here when you get back.

10. Baby Making Mama says:

Sheena!!!! Yes take a break!! I feel ya, it gets overwhelming! Blogging isn’t my job but when it begins to feel that way I get so stressed! So I can’t imagine it actually being that way!

You do a great job of balancing it all and I admire you! Enjoy your Christmas break!!

Ps: love your card!!

11. I’m also taking some time at the end of this month. Yah. Like you said all the built up stress is starting to affect how we feel. I swore I was having a heart attack recently. The demands of the holidays from pr folks, family and work nearly did me in! I love you list and hope you do all that REfreakinLAXing and them some :)

12. Idaho Jill says:

Enjoy your much deserved time off! happy holidays, enjoy your break, and I LOVE your Christmas cards!!

13. Gina P says:

You deserve it!! Be well. We will be here when you come back!!

Sheena, you take your time. I am noticing an epidemic of stress amongst the bigger bloggers like yourself. It seems as if the holidays makes it harder. I am no where near a star in the online world but I know that ain’t no darn blog or work that important to make me get sick from stress. I made a vow earlier this year that Shelly would not get overwhelmed or stressed out. Guess what? I pulled it off! I enjoy life and feel like I am your age. You have to be at your best if you want to be a good wife and mom so take care of YOU. There are times that is is okay to say NO. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with peace, prosperity and happiness! ♥

Believe me, I’ve been using the word no waaaay more than usual and it feels great, but after hitting some financial snags and unexpected expenses, it’s hard to walk away from work. A lot of big bloggers/designers work so hard and stress so much because it is what pays for the bills and groceries. I’ve noticed an increase in husbands losing their jobs and it sucks. As a plan B, you do what you have to do and stress it out for your family’s well-being. Eventually, it gets better.

We’re on the road to financial freedom. Sometimes it takes working like a beast to get there. I’d rather do it now while I’m young so that I can spend my 30′s in paradise with my 4 kids, hubby, and mini pony :).

Merry Christmas, my friend, and have a fabulous New Year! (I know you will, lol.)