A New Hobby

The day before, Michelle and I spent the day painting. It was so much fun! When it comes to digital artwork, I can do some things. But physical? Eh, it makes me nervous. There is no luxury of deleting or precise erasing… thank you Photoshop. Whatever you stroke on that canvas is what you are stuck with unless you can quickly wipe it off or cover it up.

This is my first “mixed media” piece. I was apprehensive about it, but it turned out fabulous for my first try! It will hang in my kitchen.

A New Hobby Sophistishe.com

I thought this would be my better piece. It feels like something is missing. I may do it over. It probably would have been fine without the two undotted swirls off to the left.

A New Hobby Sophistishe.com

And my last piece… It’s not finished either. I had the hardest time with the big black “puff”. It was a combo of colors, but I thought it looked better black.

A New Hobby Sophistishe.com

So, it looks like I have a new hobby. I now have physical pieces of me to leave with my future grandchildren…

Sidenote: Be sure to enter our Learning Tower and Boba Baby Carrier giveaways over at She {Hearts} It :).

A New Hobby Sophistishe.com0A New Hobby Sophistishe.com3A New Hobby Sophistishe.com1A New Hobby Sophistishe.com0A New Hobby Sophistishe.com0A New Hobby Sophistishe.comA New Hobby Sophistishe.comA New Hobby Sophistishe.com
A New Hobby Sophistishe.com

A New Hobby Sophistishe.com

11 Responses to “A New Hobby”

1. Sheena says:

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments, guys! I’ve done 2 more pieces and I’m inspired to make a little corner in our office where I can paint. I’m inspired!

2. Yakini says:

I think the pieces look GREAT! Girl, you’re a natural. I especially love the piece for the kitchen!

3. That was on your first try? The pieces look amazing! You should be proud and hang them in the kitchen proudly.

4. I SO enjoyed our day and your paintings!!!

5. Stesha says:

They’re all lovely pieces! Nice work. My kids and I all love painting so I buy a lot of blank canvas from Hobby Lobby! It’s a fun hobby.

Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

6. Jamie says:

I love the colors, especially in the second piece! I can’t paint a thing so I am impressed!!! You go girl!

7. Oh my goodness these are WONDERFUL! I love them all but the first one captured my heart. You are going to have the most uniquely decked out home. Keep up the terrific work!

Side note: Art used to be my thing. Now my art is filtered through my food.

Thanks! I told Greg that cooking was my art and it’s something that I must do. Now, I MUST paint! This is so much fun!

8. Joanna says:

Wow you are a great artist! Love them all. Have fun with your new hobby!!

9. These came out great Sheena! Last week, I had the strangest urge to paint when I was in a bad mood, but I talked myself out of it. Seeing these makes me wish I had listened to that voice inside my head. Now you’ve inspired me!

Thank you, I definitely felt great after working on these! I have a few ideas for future paintings, I just have to build up my art supply arsenal! I hope Michaels is reading – LOL!