One thing I’ve been meaning to do this summer is cook a pizza out on the grill. Well, Sunday night I decided to do so and it came out sooo yummy and beautiful! It’s been a while since I’ve made homemade pizza and I have been reminded of its deliciousness!
Homemade pizza is so simple to make although I feel bouts of laziness set in when it comes to making the dough. So besides the dough, my ingredients include a regular pasta sauce (too lazy to make my own), minced garlic, green pepper, red onion, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a main topping. Usually it’s a meat of some kind, but I decided to keep it simple and use some baby spinach.
After I roll out my dough and place it on my pizza stone, I brush it with pasta sauce and minced garlic. The ball of dough above makes 2 pizzas.
I sprinkle half of the package of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, top with veggies, and sprinkle the other half of cheese on top.
Once the pizza is topped, I slide it on the preheated grill and let it bake for about 15 minutes on medium heat. Isn’t my Pampered Chef pizza stone (from our belated wedding shower) awesome?
And violà, a delicious pizza that looks and tastes like it’s fresh from the pizzeria!
The recipe is below. Try it? Let me know how you like it :).
- 13 inch pizza dough*
- ⅓ cup of pasta sauce
- 1 tbp minced garlic
- ½ cup sliced green pepper
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Place pizza dough on pizza stone and brush it with pasta sauce and minced garlic. Layer toppings starting with 1 cup of cheese, the vegetables, and then the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake inside grill for 15 minutes. Cool on cooling rack or dive in if you can't wait!
- * I make my own pizza dough found here: http://foodjustsayin.com/2011/03/19/the-weekend-treat-pizza-dough/
- Recipe URL: http://sophistishe.com/2011/08/grilled-spinach-veggie-pizza/
I hope the next few sentences don’t deter you from commenting :-/. I’ve got a family to provide for as I’m sure you do too. That said… I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart is compensating me for sharing this recipe and pizza grilling experience. All words are my own. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- 2014: Autumn/Winter Looks From Next Boys - October 24, 2014
- Zoya Wishes: Holiday & Winter ’14 Collection - October 20, 2014
- Win $5,000 in the 2014 Crock-Pot Crock-Star Contest! - October 18, 2014