Living Feels Good

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com I’ve been blogging less it seems. Once or twice every 10 days. My internal blogging alarm is naturally set to do so. And there’s a reason for that. I’ve been living and taking the necessary steps to take care of myself and my family. I’ve been less active on Twitter and Facebook, which are common distractions. I’ve also been ignoring my PR requests folder because I have enough going on and it’s just not healthy always being involved in something and falling behind in those things. Not being able to deliver bruises my ego, deep black and blue. I have learned my lesson. I think over the past 3 years, I’ve written similar posts about being overwhelmed and if I have to write a 4th, I’m kicking my own butt.

I require a lot of down time and I burn out easily, oh and I think I have ADD (so.not.joking). So I have to set aside extra time gaps for the everyday, distractions, and veg days in between deadlines. Some people can keep crankin’ back-to-back-to-back-to-back, I cannot. At least not right now, but some time in the future.

I’ve been making mental notes of the things that I can be doing to be a better person. Things that contribute to my purpose. All of the I don’t do this because of this‘s. I’ve probably done the same thing around the same time last year and the year before that and the year before that. But I’m hell-bent on accomplishing them all. Each year, I am stronger. This year, I’m feeling pretty darn strong… within reason.

I have been trying to focus on the things that make me happy. The fun stuff like spending time with Greg, watching movies and our favorite shows together. (I almost never make time for TV.)

Creating a mini waterpark in the backyard.

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Spontaneously stuffing the Power Wheels in the back seat and heading to the park (Greg’s idea :)).

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Tending to the garden.

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Whipping up a tasty dish with dessert.

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Painting on the walls.

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

My toes too.

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

It feels good.

This post is part of Hallmark’s Life Is A Special Occasion campaign. Hallmark is compensating me for my participation in this campaign that aligns so well with my life. Read my full disclosure policy here and catch up on any posts you may have missed here. Oh and click this link right here and Hallmark will inspire you to live too!

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com0Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com7Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com2Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com0Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com0Living Feels Good Sophistishe.comLiving Feels Good Sophistishe.comLiving Feels Good Sophistishe.com
Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

Living Feels Good Sophistishe.com

14 Responses to “Living Feels Good”

1. Rosey says:

What a collective group of good ideas. Your post made me smile.

2. I have to have a lot of down time too. I really do. Between the Social Media gig, my web design company, trying to write creatively more and finish my novels(s), homeschooling, getting our healthy on track, I get so overwhelmed. I stopped apologizing. I think it’s best to just do what needs to be done.

Welcome back and here’s to SELF, HEALTH, FAMILY, and FRIENDS~

Responding to comments is now on my list no matter how late I am, lol. I’m learning to do what needs to be done at home first. I’ve turned down so many blogging and design opps because I’m focusing on what resonates with the focus of my blog and my lifestyle. It makes me a little sad at times but, I like having the freedom… not being tied down to anything.

3. Hi Sheena what a beautiful post! I felt you all the way through and absolutely can relate. I love blogging. And missed it dearly. Family came first and I had to make the decision to step back. I liked it when you said your internal blogging alarm is naturally set to do exactly what it does, I relate to that so much. However, my time in between has lasted well over 10 days, lol. It’s all good though. I’m glad to be back. This feels good. And by the way, you’re looking great over there in JA ;0)

And when you come back, you feel so refreshed and it reflects in your writing. Thank you. I had such a great time!!! I can’t wait until the day we move down south. I feel so good when the weather is divine and the scenery is green!

Sidenote: I’m making an effort to reply to as many comments as I can… even if they are super late :).

4. Terin says:

It seems as if everyone has a moment where their internal blogging clock gets reset. It’s happened to me more that once this year.

Your son is getting so big, and he’s so handsome!

5. Sheena, bravo for you!
    I love what you do with your time…Twitter can wait! So can everyone else.

Excellent reminders.

Thank you, Carrie. I need to unplug again real soon :).

6. Laila @OnlyLaila says:

Here here! I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. Unplugging and re-connecting with my life. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself and your family!

7. Jennae says:

I am totally with you on this. Sometime last year, my internal blogging clock was reset too. I used to blog EVERY day. Now, it’s once or twice a week. And I’m totally OK with that, and I think my readers are too. In fact, because the quality of the current posts is better and more personal, I tend to get more comments on them as well.

All this to say do whatever works for you, lady! And if anyone has anything to say about it, I got your back!

Oh — and those photos are to. die. for. I can feel those moments with your family looking at them. Making beautiful memories is more important than work any day :)

I am so happy to hear that you are having a little down time. WE ALL NEED IT! This is why I have not been posting much. I am way too busy watching my children grow up. Girl, you are too young to be getting burned out. The blog world, PR pitches, FB, Twitter and all of the like will be there regardless of anything so take time for your family more often!! I love your gorgeous photos as always and the girls told me to tell you that you have the cutest family. They also were oohing and ahing over how much little man has grown up :)

I am so happy that you can realize when you need a break and take it. It can be so hard sometimes and can result into a horrible episode of burn out (I know). Relaxing and enjoying life is important too. I know you will never stop blogging so do what is right for you :)