Sophistishe’s gone “October”. Refresh if you don’t see the subtle changes in the header, background, and bio box in the sidebar :). I added a few details throughout for Halloween and a pink ribbon background to show my support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It feels good to have time to actually do those things. It’s been years since I’ve styled my blog according to season. It’s what makes this blog mine, so I will be doing little fun things like these more often. I’m taking control.
One of my favorite things to do during Autumn is aiming my camera through the car window and taking photos of all of the prettiful trees that have changed colors. I get extra giddy when I end up with a shot that is desktop worthy.
We’ve gotten off to a late start with fall activities, but the house is all decked out in seasonal decor (see “fall” tag) and the wax warmers have got it smelling like warm campfire and spiced goodness. Like home.
The weather has been warmer than usual, but at least we’ll probably be able to get through our October activities list without the sniffles. One of our local grocers had a Pumpkin Fest with face painting and store sampling, and kids were encouraged to dress up. We got there late and Jayden had a ‘tude because he wanted a package of cookies he saw at the entrance. Despite tantrums, we collected treats and took advantage of some great sales. By the time we hit the checkout line, Jayden had fallen asleep in Greg’s arms. That day certainly didn’t go according to plan, but what usually does with little ones?
So we’re looking forward to crossing off the following this month:
- Go to Twilight Witching Hour at the Arboretum
- Make a few visits to the Orchard to pick apples and pumpkins and visit the kid’s farm
- Do Community Trick or Treating and/or Trick or Treating at the Orchard
- Visit a Haunted House (Greg and I)
- Have a scary movie date night at home (Greg and I, obviously, lol)
- Do anything else we discover
What are you up to this Autumn?
This post is part of Hallmark’s Life Is A Special Occasion campaign. Hallmark is compensating me for my participation in this campaign that aligns SO well with my life. Read my full disclosure policy here and catch up on any posts you may have missed here. Oh and click this link right here to subscribe to Hallmark’s autumn sentiments! Please and thanks! :)
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Back to School // Cereal Breakfast Muffins - July 21, 2014
- Mijo Style: Argyle Summer Casual Featuring Naartjie Kids - July 14, 2014
- July 4th Mijo Style: Red, White, & Awesome Boys - July 3, 2014