On New Year’s day, I decided to brighten things up a bit here on Sophistishe. Refresh if you haven’t been blasted with hot pink goodness. Since Google Friend Connect is going away, I’ve decided to start a newsletter. Please subscribe and I promise not to go buck wild on the emails! I named the newsletter Sheena Tatum’s E-Bits, which I think is so lame, but it’s the first thing that came to mind. It’s little roadblocks like these that keep me from accomplishing things. So I rolled with it. I can change it later. I’ve also integrated my BlogFrog Community with my blog. I’m starting to enjoy BlogFrog, so I decided to make my community more accessible. So that’s what’s up with Sophistishe. I’m working on some things, but in true Sheena fashion, I’m keeping quiet until things are organized and complete.
And now for the obligatory Resolution-y meme I lifted from Jenn.
1. What was the best part of 2011?
Being released from a burden of 3-ish years that affected numerous areas in my life. And if you think I’m talking about the kid, shame on you!
Drastically improving our finances without realizing until looking at financial reports. I can only imagine what 2012 will look like with dietary changes and better budgeting.
Retreating to Jamaica for some R&R and Sisterhood.
Visiting with family in New York.
Pinterest! Pinterest is MY LIFE! Whenever I am feeling down or lost, I turn to Pinterest for inspiration. Whether I’m looking for ways to organize my kitchen cabinets or try something new with my nails, Pinterest is a constant reminder of how easy making and doing can be! *waves to Kathleen*
2. What do you look forward to in 2012?
More leisure time to get lost in sewing (finally bought a sewing machine!), designing for our personal projects, photography, reading (I buy books and then don’t read them), and experimental cooking and beautifying :). I also look forward to mental clarity that will enable me to be more productive and pleasant in everything that I do. *plugs this post by The Bloggess (I don’t suffer from depression, but it was a very good read.)*
3. Do you actually keep your new years resolutions?
4. What are your top 3 resolutions for the new year?
1. Improve my overall health. I’m not sick, but something just isn’t right (and I suspect the Mirena may be the cause, but that’s a story for another post). My mind is not as clear as it should be, I am easily distracted and irritated and have had an increase of anxiousness (it’s been a struggle). And I refuse to chalk it all up to having a rambunctious
toddler little human running around. So I will be handling the Mirena situation, going on a Paleo diet *waves to Candice and Kristina*, exercising (more than running up and down the stairs), taking some helpful supplements, and whatever else that I discover because I’ve had ENOUGH. #fireeyes #hitsthegong
2. Strengthen our online businesses while streamlining a lot of things. With a radiant mind, body, and spirit, I’ll be a beast.
5. Did you have any fun New Year’s traditions or plans?
Nope! This year, we watched the countdowns at Times Square and Chicago and watched Jayden boogie down. Greg and I used to watch the fireworks from Lakshore Dr. before parenthood. Maybe next year. Having survived another year for the past 3+ has been “fun” enough, though, and I can’t complain about our “lack of celebrating”.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Party Organically With VitaFrute Cocktails - September 8, 2014
- Back to School // Apparel Essentials & Drawer Organizing - August 31, 2014
- Back to School // Command Center & Portable Homework Station - August 31, 2014