Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up… for a fraction of cost!

We have a pair of REALLY ugly sofas. They were gifted to us by my mom and we really appreciated them because we pretty much had nowhere to sit. As we started accumulating decor here and there, they started to stick out like eyesores. I purchased our first set of slipcovers during a campaign I did with BHG, but we have since changed the color scheme of our living room. At one point, I drapped over some cheap throws because I couldn’t bring myself to spending $180 on slip covers. Those were replaced with a set of Sure Fits that I had scored from either JCP or Overstock. We used them until they started to rip and get dingy. I was back to square one and stressed the heck out because slip covers ain’t cheap!

Before

Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com

Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com

Then, I discovered UglySofa.com and I was instantly relieved of my worries. They are a family-owned business (love family owned businesses!) dedicated to ridding the world of Ugly Sofas for a fraction of cost! Their online presence (Facebook & Twitter) is also hip and upbeat, something I tend to gravitate towards. Ugly Sofa had the total package. I added some “Brand X” slipcovers to to my Wishpot because I was for sure going to place an order with them. Before I could place my order, I was actually offered the opportunity to review for them. Funny how things work out, eh?

I chose the honey twill boxpleat slipcovers and they.are.fabulous! They retail for $150, but cost only $30 at Ugly Sofa! Ugly Sofa refers to the brands as Brand “X” because they “X” out the name brand tags in order to prevent returns to the store. Makes sense. That said, the slipcovers that I received were from a high end home decor store and I’ll leave it at that ;-).

After

Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com

Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com

Ugly Sofa makes shopping for slipcovers easy and affordable. I will now shop Ugly Sofa whenever I need slipcovers and I hope you will too. You won’t be disappointed :-).

Edited to add: It’s come to my attention that quite a few of you have had some issues with Ugly Sofa. I’m really disappointed to hear that. While this is a promotional post for the brand, I cannot sweep the complaints under the rug. As a consumer, I’d like to know what I’m getting into before making a purchase. I don’t do drama or practice bashing of companies, but comments are open to share your experiences as long as the intent is not malicious.

Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com0Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com2Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com1Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com2Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com0Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.comUgly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.comUgly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com
Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com

Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up... for a fraction of cost! Sophistishe.com

11 Responses to “Ugly Sofa? Slipcover it up… for a fraction of cost!”

1. Rashell says:

As of 2014 they probably worked out the kinks. Got my slip covers within 5 days. Love them.

2. AmyY says:

I also had a horrible experience with this company. They have an F rating from the BBB. After waiting over three weeks for my order, it arrived damaged. I sent three emails to their company website and never received a response. I finally got a response after contacting them through Facebook. They basically told me that I knowingly order damaged product and they were really rude. They are a rip-off. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Theresa L. Holt-McNulty says:

I also had a terrible experience with this company. They sent the wrong item, sending it USPS when I had paid for FEDEX. No detailed shipping statement was in the box to make a return as this was required for a return as stated on their webpage. Item was dirty. Ignored all my e-mails about refunding or replacing. I used VISA for this purchase and have contacted them about voiding the sale.

• Charity says:

I ordered 2 slipcovers from them 2 months ago, and have received nothing. No response from emails, nothing. BAD, BAD company, period.

3. Lydia says:

I had a very disappointing experience with Ugly soffa and wouln’t recommended to anybody. I bought two slipcovers fom them and was really excited until I’ve got the packages and attemp to put them on my sofas. I bought a slipcovef for my small sofa and one for my large sofa with separate slipcovers for the sofas’ T cushions. The separate slipcover fo the cushions of my large sofa is the wrong size, it just don’t fit. I cmoarec it with the one I’ve got for my small sofa and thy are the same size so clearly I had the wrong size for my large sofa. I have contacted several times about it and they never responded. So be aware, if you ever have a problem with your order and you are passed the 2 days ( yes, you only have 2 days!!) for returning merchandise, they will just ignore you. Their customer service is the worst!! Never ever order from here.

4. Demetria says:

LOVE it! I have been looking for a place to purchase cheaper slipcovers. My oh-so-awesome red slipcover just received its first knick with my prechooler’s scissors. Sad, sad, sad. Yes, they are expensive (I paid nearly $150 for mine). Needless to say, SO happy you’ve posted this and I’ll be checking out this company.

Oh no, you better get out the needle and thread, lol! I hope your slipcover doesn’t have to suffer anymore abuse from little one, but you now have a cheaper solution just in case :-).

5. Stesha says:

Yep! I’m for sure going to make a purchase from them. I’m frugal with my money and those covers are a great bargain.

Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

I can’t even describe the happiness I felt when I discovered them. I was seriously stressing big time trying to find some slipcovers on super sale, lol.

6. Shelly says:

I can’t believe I am reading this post right now. Dwayne and I JUST TODAY talked about a slipcover for the downstairs sofa. I am going to check them out when I hop on the ‘puter (on the phone now) Yours came out looking so nice!