This post is sponsored by GapKids. Check out all the fun Shine On activities at your nearest Gap store. For event dates and locations, visit Gap’s Facebook page and join the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #ShineOn.
Jayden painting in the tub August 24th, 2011
Tomorrow, Jayden will have the opportunity to get messy without making a mess in our house – ha! Since Jayden loves coloring, drawing, and painting (in the tub), I thought he’d really enjoy the Shine On Saturdays event hosted by GapKids with projects by Merrilee Liddiard of Mer Mag! Let’s just hope I’m not tempted to shop!
Merrilee has a series of special art projects prepared for the Shine On Saturdays. The projects were inspired by the GapKids and babyGap fall collection, including the best new 1969 denim – Jewel Box Skinnies for girls (the new skinny jean updated in bright stretchy denim) and Action Stretch Denim for boys (designed for play all day- it’s denim that’s made to move).
Shine On Saturdays are being held through August and select GapKids stores across the country will be hosting. Children will express their creativity by creating geometric masterpieces on canvas using paint and tape, and colorful, custom journals to get them ready for back-to-school! I cannot wait to see Jayden unleash his inner artist. Hopefully we’ll come home with a great piece to hang up in his room!
GapKids Shine On Saturdays in CHICAGO
- Saturday, August 18 10am-1pm GapKids @ Westfield Old Orchard 4999 Old Orchard Center #A6 Skokie, IL 60077
- Saturday, August 25 10am-1pm GapKids @ Oakbrook Shopping Center 533 Oakbrook Center Oak Brook, IL 60523
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Get A Head Start At Walmart’s Pre-Black Friday Sale - November 23, 2014
- Slow Cooker Broccoli & Sausage Mac & Cheese - November 18, 2014
- Walmart’s Black Friday Deals & Shopping Tips - November 15, 2014