Making Smore’s is one of our favorite Summer activities.
And while the good ol’ fashioned way is what we’re used to, this year I wanted to make the ordinary a little extraordinary with a twist.
Ooey gooey delectable yum.
It all started with this…. a care package Hershey’s sent me to celebrate National Smore’s Day.
I crumbled up graham crackers, made my own flour *cheese*, got a little generous with the chocolate, and dumped in some chia seeds (Thanks Bob’s Red Mill!) out of habit.
The outcome was a delicious cookie dough that I think I may make in batches and freeze.
In to the oven they go! (Thanks Naomi for this fantastic dough scooper!)
They baked for about 8 minutes. Then, I topped them with chocolate chips and as Jayden says, “Marshpillows”.
I let them bake for 2 more minutes and now we have desert for the week!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1½ cups marshmallows, mini or torn in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. In a second bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mxing until consistently creamy. Slowly add creamy mixture to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop dough using onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push a few pieces of chocolate chips and marshmallows into each cookie. Return them to the oven and bake an additional 2 minutes until cookies are fully baked. Watch them closely if you want less melted marshmallows. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
How do you make your S’mores… ordinary or with a twist?
Through September 7th, you can visit the Hershey’s Facebook page to discover new ways to bond around the campfire and create S’mores-inspired memories all summer long. Camp Bondfire will also offer weekly tips, stories and activities focused on a variety of themes and encourage fans to join the fun by registering to be a “Camper of the Week” for a chance to win awesome outdoor prizes like a backyard fire pit.
I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart is compensating me for sharing this recipe idea. My participation is voluntary and all words and opinions are always my own.