I’ve finally made an effort to start milling my own flour with the help of The WonderMill and their Grain Mill Wagon Challenge. I’ve been experimenting using my homemade flour (sounds fancy huh?) in our everyday recipes. Here’s one of our favorite pancake recipes. Jayden gets so excited when I make these! If you love fluffy pancakes, these are not, however, they are hearty and very delicious!
- 1½ cups wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1¼ cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients. Beat in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat (I like using butter). Pour about ¼ cup batter on the pan per pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
I like using my Pampered Chef batter bowl for easy pouring and storage of unused batter.
The batter consistency is a tad thick, so feel free to thin it out with more milk.
This recipe has been featured on The WonderMill recipe blog.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Spider-Man Party For Two - August 26, 2014
- Boredom Buster: Buzzle Ball – A Step Away From The Cube - August 26, 2014
- Labor Day // Patriotic Petal Wreath - August 24, 2014