With both pregnancies with the boys, I ate a lot of citrus. I was simply addicted and couldn’t get enough. It’s been almost 3 months since having Jaxon and I am still on a citrus high so much so that I have converted Jayden to a lover of Cuties clementines. We snack on them all day long and I’ll enjoy a few after dinner as a desert. I also like to put them in salad. I recently made a mandarin salad to go with homemade chicken soup and wheat rolls. It was so yummy, I have to share.
This salad is pretty easy to make. All it takes is a bag of your favorite salad or lettuce variety, mini sweet peppers, lemon, clementines aka Mandarin oranges, red onion, almonds, dried cranberries, and Italian dressing. I love Dole’s Extra Veggie mix because it makes for a beautiful, crunchy salad. The rest of the fixin’s help it really come together.
If you try this salad, let me know! Enjoy the recipe below!
- 1 bag salad
- 6 mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 3 clementines, peeled & separated
- 1 lemon for zest
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- Put veggies in a large bowl.
- Add almonds, cranberries, and lemon zest.
- Pour in the Italian dressing and toss to mix and coat.
- Serve immediately.
Walmart is having a “Citrus Celebration” showcasing a variety of citrus fruits. You can find the following fruits in your local stores to add to your salad!
- Moro Orange
- Minneaola Tangelo
- Navel Orange
- Cara Cara Navel Orange
- Blood Orange
- Persian Limes
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Rekindling Our Love of Dogs - August 19, 2014
- Cool, Calm & Connected With T-Mobile’s Free Data Plan - August 15, 2014
- Back to School // 10 Meal Planning Printables You’ll Love - August 15, 2014