We are getting closer and closer to the Super Bowl. Are you planning on celebrating the big game? If so, I recently posted some quick and easy game time snack solutions that included chips, dips, taters, fruit, and buffalo wings of course. Feel free to check out that post for a little inspiration. In that post, I had actually wanted to share my buffalo wing recipe, but when I sent Greg to Walmart for wing portions, he grabbed the frozen buffalo wings. So… I just rolled with it.
Buffalo wings are a snack that people just can’t get enough of. They are just super tasty and irresistible. Oh my goodness, I sound so greedy right now, but hey they are finger lickin’ good. We used to buy them frozen all of the time until I discovered how simple they are to make. With the Super Bowl coming up, a game day celebration wouldn’t be complete without them. If entertaining for a group, large or small, you can save a few bucks with this quick buffalo wing recipe. As a bonus, I’m sharing a yummy ranch dip recipe as well. You’re welcome :-).
- 2lbs Chicken Wing Portions
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Hot Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped thinly
- ⅓ cup dill, thinly chopped
- ¾ teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup chives or scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ celery seed
- Season chicken and bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Brush chicken with hot sauce and return to oven on broil 5 minutes or until chicken is crisp.
- Whisk all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated. Discard after 1 week.
For the Ranch Dip: For the best flavor, use fresh herbs, but feel free to play around with fresh and dried variations.
^ My lil’ helper doing one of his infamous hand poses. ^
Often times, whole wings are cheaper than wing portions, so feel free to use those and separate them yourself. If you’d like to save some time, you can grab a big bag of Great Value wing portions in Walmart’s freezer aisle. Let me know if you try these recipes and if you have any ideas for a game day celebration, do share!
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Back to School // Cereal Breakfast Muffins - July 21, 2014
- Mijo Style: Argyle Summer Casual Featuring Naartjie Kids - July 14, 2014
- July 4th Mijo Style: Red, White, & Awesome Boys - July 3, 2014