Tax season is here and it’s time to panic! DUN DUN DUN!!! But, no, really. I’m sure we can all agree that filing taxes can be a daunting task with so many rules, regulations, paperwork, write-offs, and implications. A high percentage of people prepare their taxes incorrectly. Here are a few common errors people make on a regular basis when preparing their taxes.
Common Errors When Preparing Tax Returns
– Math Miscalculations
– Incorrect or missing social security numbers or employer ID numbers.
– Forgetting to attach important documents and forms.
– Incorrect tax entered based on taxable income and filing status.
– Writing withholding and estimated tax payments on the wrong line.
If I didn’t have Greg to do our taxes, I know I’d make tons of mistakes. I’d most definitely give up and take all of my forms and paper work to a tax prep business. I can write words, but I am horrible at math. Give me an equation and I’ll start melting… Wicked Witch of the West style.
Walmart is making it easier to file taxes by offering tax preparation services in select Walmart Stores. Walmart has partnered with H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, and Liberty Tax to offer customers affordable, one-on-one tax preparation services in-store.
You can save time and money by scheduling an appointment, walking in, or simply by dropping off the documents needed to prepare your tax return. If you don’t have your W-2 forms on hand, Walmart can help you download them. For added convenience, Walmart is offering to cash your tax refund check at Walmart for only $3 or load it to a Walmart MoneyCard or pre-paid card of choice… making shopping a breeze. I know how tempting it can be receiving a nice return, but please spend responsibly and try not to buy.all.the.things!
For more information on Walmart’s tax prep services visit their Tax Prep Services mini site.
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Party Organically With VitaFrute Cocktails - September 8, 2014
- Back to School // Apparel Essentials & Drawer Organizing - August 31, 2014
- Back to School // Command Center & Portable Homework Station - August 31, 2014