Let’s face it. As much as we want to whip up fresh, delicious meals from scratch to nurture our families… sometimes there just isn’t enough time in the day. We often turn to frozen options to speed up meal prep, more specifically lunch. Jayden loves pizza and fresh tomatoes surprisingly so when I discovered Double Slice Caprese Pizza Bites on the Farm Rich website, I had to try the this twist on an already tasty appetizer.
I’m no stranger to Farm Rich mini pizza slices. I’ve eaten plenty my senior year of high school since the cafeteria used to serve them. They are yummy especially when dipped in a marinara sauce or ranch dressing. Here’s a coupon to try them ;-).
Soo back to the Double Slice Caprese Pizza Bites. They are super easy to make and after a tiny bit of prep, you’ll have a tasty snack that looks like you’ve really worked hard, haha. I made these over the weekend to share here on the blog. Jayden has been at Nana’s house, so I’ll make them for him when he returns tomorrow and update with a photographed response. Greg and I loved them. Greg turned his nose up at the basil, but he was hooked after his first bite. I did my usual SEE I TOLD YOU dance, of course. Haha.
- 1 (22 ounce) package Farm Rich Mini Pizza Slices
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, cut into 14 slices (1/4-inch)
- 14 fresh Basil leaves
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Farm Rich Mini Pizza Slices according to package directions.
- To assemble place one slice of Roma tomato on top of a warm pizza slice.
- Top with a basil leaf, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper lightly.
- Optional: Top with another warm pizza slice and hold together with a decorative wooden skewer or toothpick.
Let me know if you try these with your family. I used an olive oil Italian dressing instead of olive oil, and I sprinkled some garlic powder and scallions on top. There’s plenty of room to be creative!
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Back to School // Cereal Breakfast Muffins - July 21, 2014
- Mijo Style: Argyle Summer Casual Featuring Naartjie Kids - July 14, 2014
- July 4th Mijo Style: Red, White, & Awesome Boys - July 3, 2014