To celebrate Strawberry season, Walmart asked me to come up with a recipe using… wait for it… strawberries! I really wanted to share a strawberry pound cake recipe, but it failed horribly. I may post about that disaster later. To recover, I decided to make something fool-proof… strawberry salsa! Salsa and chips is one of my favorite snacks and I love me some strawberries. This strawberry salsa came out absolutely perfect, although I really didn’t know what to expect. I honestly like it better than traditional tomato salsa.
- 1½ cup diced strawberries
- ¼ cup onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- 1 sprinkle of orange peel granules
- 1 sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, onions, cilantro, jalapenos, and lime juice. Stir and top with orange peel granules and black pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.
Keep Strawberries Fresh In The Fridge
To keep strawberries fresh in the refridgerator, rinse them only when you are ready to eat them. You can also spray them with citrus juice or any juice that has a high acidity to keep them fresh.
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Lemon & Jelly Bean White Chocolate Chip Cookies - April 12, 2014
- 30 Green Days / Thrift To Reduce Carbon Footprint - April 11, 2014
- Eureka AirSpeed All Floors / 2 Vac Giveaway 4.17.14 - April 10, 2014