We’ve had a few tube TV’s and they’ve always made me anxious having a small child in the house. We have since upgraded to flat screens. We’ve chosen to mount them not only to save some space, but more importantly because flat screens are an easy hazard and can easily topple over when bumped or pulled.
The number of children who are injured by and die from TV’s tipping over is ridiculously scary. A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
– A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
– Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
– Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
– An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
– Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide to educate consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s. SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide are offering safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities. You can read the info graphic here and watch the video below. My heart sank watching that TV wobble and tip over. O_O
SANUS offers the following assets for safely installing their TV mounts:
– Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
– Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
– No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
– Live customer support available 6 days a week
Win a SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180 ($90 Retail)
SANUS would like to offer a flat panel SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180 to a Sophistishe reader. They’ve also sent me one to review. Winner will be able to choose a mount that fits their respective TV. Please note that this will not include the actual installation of the equipment.
Giveaway ends on 7/25/13 at 12:01 AM EST. A winner in the U.S. will be randomly selected, announced on this post, and contacted via email. Check out my Giveaway Rules if you have any questions. Good luck!
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Party Organically With VitaFrute Cocktails - September 8, 2014
- Back to School // Apparel Essentials & Drawer Organizing - August 31, 2014
- Back to School // Command Center & Portable Homework Station - August 31, 2014