We’ve been kind of idling this summer, so I’ve been trying to add some excitement to our days. Popping popcorn in our nostalgic popper is a surefire way to add an instant thrill on a calm summer night. Jayden absolutely loves watching the popcorn pop. He can’t help but to dance and jump around as the kernels make their way out of the kettle. Making popcorn is an event in the Tatum household!
This weekend, we’ll be having family game night with popcorn and root beer floats! What better way to unwind after a busy week? With all the buzz about the McDonald’s Monopoly pieces, I’m in the mood for some Monopoly. It’s been years since I’ve played and I’m sure Jayden will love counting the money. Jayden’s been itching to play Connect Four so we’ll play that and maybe Scrabble. Of course we won’t be keeping score because this’ll be Jayden’s time to ask what jumbled letter combos such as efhkijoehrfjuskpoo spell. LOL.
We’re definitely looking forward to this fun family time.
Raise your hand if you didn’t know how SIMPLE it is to make root beer floats? Only me? Doh! All you need is vanilla ice cream, root beer (of course), and some whipped cream and cherries if you want to go all out :-).
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
- Root Beer
- Whipped Cream
- Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass. Carefully pour root beer into the glass, allowing the foam to rise and fall. Pour in more root beer as needed.
- Top with whipped cream and your favorite cherries. Serve with a straw and spoon.
You can find everything you need for your very own game night party at Walmart. I make no promises on the popcorn bowls, those I snagged elsewhere ;-). As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Zoya Wishes: Holiday & Winter ’14 Collection - October 20, 2014
- Win $5,000 in the 2014 Crock-Pot Crock-Star Contest! - October 18, 2014
- Chipotle Chicken Fajitas - October 5, 2014