Once upon a time, I cooked mashed potatoes from a box. Can y’all believe that? My excuse was pure laziness. I hated peeling potatoes and mashing them up was an additional chore. Fast forward a few years later, my kitchen is equipped with all the gadgets that I need for the perfect homemade mashed potatoes. The potato peeler has got to be the best invention ever, next to the Kitchenaid mixer of course. With those two by my side, it’s hard to get anything less than incredible.
Homemade mashed potatoes are very easy to make, especially when hubby volunteers to peel. A whole stick of butter and a block of cream cheese are my secret to the creamiest, most delicious mashed potatoes. Sometimes I add shredded cheese and bake them a bit. With the holidays in mind, I’d like to share a recipe featuring the latter. You can whip these up ahead of time, freeze them, and pop them in the oven on serving day. Your guests will thank you.
- 5lbs russet potatoes
- 1 cream cheese block
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt or salt
- Peel potatoes. In a large pot, boil potatoes until tender. Drain water and mash potatoes using a potato masher or beat them using a mixer. Mix in cream cheese, butter, garlic, mozzarella, salt, and pepper until completely potatoes are creamy.
- Pour potatoes into a casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes (or until there’s a light brown crust on top) on 375 degrees F.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.