I am all about simplifying for the holidays, although you’d probably think otherwise judging from all my photos of holiday decor. Decorating is something I absolutely love, cooking a lavish feast, not so much. In this recipe, I’m taking ordinary canned biscuits and turning them into flavorful rolls. These Turkey Bacon Pizza Biscuits are cheesy and delish. All you need is a can of biscuits, shredded cheese, bacon (turkey bacon was on sale), and some marinara sauce. These make great after school snacks or dinner rolls for the holidays. For a holiday twist, you can arrange them on a cookie sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree. I love these over at Eclectic Recipes. I wish I had discovered them before prepping mine. Aw well, maybe next time!
- 2 cans of biscuits (8 ct)
- 16 strips of cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan
- 1 16 oz can Contadina sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Separate biscuits. Flatten each biscuit and sprinkle cheese and bacon on top. Fold each biscuit forming a pocket. Shape pocket into a ball. Place in a baking pan or on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix Contadina sauce, garlic, herbs, and sugar. Serve warm.
Every mealtime masterpiece starts with Contadina and ends with a clean plate. Our mission is to gather families together around the dinner table with our delicious, Italian-style recipes and carefully-sorted Roma-style tomatoes. Be sure to check out Contadina’s Somewhat Famous comedic video series. The series is a funny spin off celebrity reality shows, and takes viewers into the kitchens of real moms, who happen to share the same names as A-list celebrities. Here’s a video featuring Meg Ryan!
Compensation was provided by Contadina via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Contadina.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Back to School // Cereal Breakfast Muffins - July 21, 2014
- Mijo Style: Argyle Summer Casual Featuring Naartjie Kids - July 14, 2014
- July 4th Mijo Style: Red, White, & Awesome Boys - July 3, 2014