Back to School season will be here before we know it, so I’ve been trying to get some breakfast ideas together for Jayden. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Starting the day with a nutritious meal as it provides our children with energy for a busy day of learning.
When getting ready in the morning, we don’t spend a lot of time on breakfast. We usually shuffle about the house pretty quickly. I suppose we could wake up earlier, but we cherish every.single.wink of sleep ’round these parts. So the best breakfast’s for our household are quick and easy. Muffins are a great choice for families like ours racing against the clock before school. They’re easy to grab and eat before the bus arrives or on the way to school.
Today, I want to share a simple and delicious cereal muffin recipe that will be getting us through the school year. I was challenged by Walmart to create a recipe using the three ingredients below and these muffins were a piece of cake *giggle*. The star ingredients in this recipe are Quaker Life Cereal Original, Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, and Silk Almond Milk. Speaking of milk, we love love love Silk Almond Milk. The Vanilla flavor gives me so much life. I use it in everything. These muffins are no exception.
- ½ cup Quaker Life Cereal Original
- ½ cup Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
- 1 cup Silk Almond Milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Soak cereals in almond milk in a mixing bowl for 15 minutes. Mix in egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups ¾ full. Crumble Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds on top for a streusel topping.
- Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins are firm and a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
I hope your kids enjoy this muffin recipe and it comes in handy this upcoming school year! What does breakfast look like in your household on busy mornings before school?
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Party Organically With VitaFrute Cocktails - September 8, 2014
- Back to School // Apparel Essentials & Drawer Organizing - August 31, 2014
- Back to School // Command Center & Portable Homework Station - August 31, 2014