The Fourth of July is TOMORROW! Since we’ve been occupied with the ups and downs (more downs than I have energy left for) of moving, the holiday crept up on us! We are overdue for some fun so we will be celebrating with family. I will be taking advantage of the free eats since our electricity is off until Monday (like I said, more downs than ups). In the midst of the chaos, I managed to make a trip to Walmart to put together some cute, flag inspired outfits for the boys.
Walmart has a nice selection of seasonal apparel for the Fourth. Right away, I spotted some ridiculously cute items for girls, but I had to go on a treasure hunt of sorts for the boys. The flag tees were also front and center, but I was looking for something snazzier for the boys. I embarked on a journey, throwing “potential” items in the cart until the outfits finally came together.
Faded Glory Tee / Faded Glory Shorts / Toms Sneakers
For Jayden, I found a cool graphic tee designed with three skate boards that reads “Red, White, & Awesome”. It was just what I was looking for… inspired by the flag, but not over the top. Awesomesauce is one of Jayden’s favorite words, so it was very fitting. Once I found the tee, I went on a mission to find a pair of comfy shorts. I happened upon a lower rack with an assortment of Faded Glory pull-on shorts. The Blue Blaze color matched the “Awesome” tee perfectly.
For Jaxon, I found a red, white, and blue striped shirt by Garanimals. I almost passed it up several times, but Greg thought it’d be perfect for the Fourth. I was in my zone looking for something similar to the “Awesome” tee that I grabbed for Jayden. Since I couldn’t find anything grungy in 24 months, I settled on the striped tee. It’s a good thing too, because I found the very last pair of matching Healthtex shorts hanging in a random rack. Aaaand they were the same color as Jayden’s shorts. Another goal of mine was for their outfits to coordinate with each other, but to not be matchy-matchy. Yes y’all. I put a lot of thought into these little $12 outfits and drove Greg crazy in the process, lol.
It was worth it though. Dontcha think?
What are your plans for the Fourth? Are you or the kids dressing up?
For more 4th of July ideas, check out these posts from my Walmart Mom friends:
- 4th of July Inspired Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake
- How to Make Duck Tape Hair Bows for the 4th of July
- Celebrating 4th of July Heroes with Kids
- Homemade Pudding Pops for a Nostalgic 4th of July
- Red, White, and Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Homemade Slushies with Ice Cream
- Patriotic DIY Yarn Pom Pom Garland
- Fourth of July Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
- DIY Independence Day Door Wreath
- LA’s Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog, Perfect for a 4th of July Party
- No Bake Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Red, White, and Blue Jello
- Easy DIY 15 Minute Patriotic Welcome Wreath
- Mini Patriotic Luminaries
- 4th of July Outfit: DIY Scarf Top
- 4th of July Cake
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Back to School // Cereal Breakfast Muffins - July 21, 2014
- Mijo Style: Argyle Summer Casual Featuring Naartjie Kids - July 14, 2014
- July 4th Mijo Style: Red, White, & Awesome Boys - July 3, 2014