Labor Day is coming up, so I decided to try my hand at making a paper petal wreath. We don’t have much patriotic decor, so creating this wreath was an inexpensive way to start our collection. It’s not as pretty as I had hoped. It has its imperfections for sure. But if I don’t spend much time staring at it, I don’t notice. LOL! I hope you enjoy this tutorial and have a happy Labor Day!
3 Red, 3 White, & 2 Blue Sheets of 12″ x 12″ Card Stock
Glue Gun and/or heavy duty glue stick
4″ Diameter Cardboard Cutout
1/2 Inch Blue Star Card Stock Cutout
Find all these materials at Walmart!
Cut each piece of cardstock in 9 equal 4″ x 4″ squares. Roll each square into a cone-shaped petal. Using a glue stick, glue them in place. If you haven’t already, cut a piece of cardboard into a 4″ diameter circle. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Start hot gluing your red petals to the circular cardboard wreath base. The tip of each red petal should be about an inch in from the edge of the cardboard circle. Layer each color additional color to desired fullness. Make an accordion fold pinwheel and glue it to the center of the wreath. You may need to attach it to a crumpled up ball of paper first. Glue blue star to the center of the pinwheel. I stuck a silver piece of star confetti on top of the paper star for an added effect. Last, attach twine to the back of your wreath for hanging.
More Labor Day Inspiration from the Walmart Moms:
- Lemony Basil Orzo Pasta Salad
- How To Plan An Easy Labor Day Picnic
- Salami Chopped Salad
- Frozen Berry Lemonade
- Jack Daniel’s Smoked and Grilled Burgers
- Mac-N-Cheese Deep Fried Bites
- Creamy Chicken Artichoke Casserole
- DIY Patriotic Frames
- Red, White and Blue Burlap Bandana Wreath
- Red, White & Blue Angel Fluff
- Key Lime Pie
- Mango Chicken Skewers
- Simple Summer Side Dishes
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Sheena Tatum (see all)
- Party Organically With VitaFrute Cocktails - September 8, 2014
- Back to School // Apparel Essentials & Drawer Organizing - August 31, 2014
- Back to School // Command Center & Portable Homework Station - August 31, 2014