Brace yourselves for this one, friends. This ain’t your kid’s hot chocolate. Yes, it looks like it. It may smell like it, but this is the hot chocolate for grown-ups. This is what you serve to your girlfriends at a holiday party. Or maybe you cozy up next to your main squeeze and settle in for a Netflix binge. In one hand you’ve got the remote and in the other hand, you’ve got a mug of this liquid heaven.
I know what you’re thinking. “My goodness! Chocolate in three different forms? Isn’t that a bit much?” Now now, let’s not disgrace our truest love, chocolate. Let’s not assume that hot chocolate is just powdered chocolate mixed with some milk. Remember, we’re grown ups. The good thing about this beverage? It makes for such delicious conversation piece. The bad thing about it? You’ll never be able to have regular hot chocolate again.
I would apologize about that but sorry, not sorry.
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 3½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or shaved
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of Mexican style chili powder
- In a sauce pot over medium heat bring milk and sweetened condensed milk to a simmer.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and cocoa powder until mixture is smooth.
- Add pinch of cinnamon.
- Add pinch of Mexican-Style Chili Powder.
- Remove from heat and stir in Godiva Chocolate Liqueur.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Are you drooling yet? Add these ingredients to your next shopping list and let’s make this happen, huh? Oh, and you can get the festive straw flags here!
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I do insert relevant affiliate links into my posts. Thank you for your support.