Greg and I are no Black Friday experts, but from the two times we’ve shopped during that busy time of the year, we’ve learned a few things. I picked Greg’s brain a bit because I was all, “OMG we’ve only done Black Friday twice, what do I know??” He helped me brainstorm. He had me cracking up at The “BF Travel Pack”. Seriously? Yes.
The Planning Stage
- Check out the holiday ads and make sure the deals advertised are truly deals before adding them to you shopping list. Collect any coupons available for your items.
- If you’re familar with the store, plan your route through the store so you can be in, out, and on to the next store. Some stores, like Walmart, may even offer in-store maps for their doorbuster items.
- Make room in your vehicle for your purchases.
- Plan your driving route, factoring in time that the stores open, distance, etc.
- Leave home early and gas up the car, so you don’t have to replenish in the middle of shopping. If you’re camping out before the doorbusters, you’ll need gas for sufficient heat!
The “BF Travel Pack”
- Don’t forget your ads and notes!
- Pack snacks and drinks. You don’t want to have to waste time or money stopping for fast food.
- Wear warm comfortable clothes and SHOES. You absolutely must be comfortable shopping especially if you’re going to be out for a while.
- Leave behind anything that will hinder your shopping. This includes heavy purses, and anything that can snag on racks and carts such as jewelry and coats.
- If you plan on paying with debit/credit cards, bring a backup card. You don’t want lose out on your precious finds because your card was declined! *snort*
And lastly, if you don’t want to bother with the crowd, opt for Cyber Monday from the comfort of your home instead! Do you have any Black Friday shopping tips? Do share!
I am a part of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation to share my Black Friday shopping tips with you. My participation is voluntary and opinions are my own.
More DIY & Recipe Inspiration!
I'm excited to partner with The Ultimate DIY Bundle, your instant go-to library for a whole range of carefully curated DIY and crafting eBooks and eCourses! You'll LOVE this carefully curated library of over 76 eBooks and eCourses from the world’s leading DIY and crafting bloggers – enabling you to pick a project and jump straight into it with confidence. It’s the perfect tool to skip the information overload and jump straight into a new activity. Topics in the bundle include: Home decor, Furniture painting, Photography and Editing, Chalk pastels, Handmade gifts, Homemade skincare products, Cake decorating, Paint colors and interior design… and a whole lot more (76 eBooks and eCourses in total) – to help you be inspired or get started with your next DIY or crafting project! Don’t miss your chance to grab The Ultimate DIY Bundle, and get 76 incredible eBooks and eCourses for just $34.95. All you need to do is take action by midnight on Monday, January 26! This amazing deal ends in just…