Grilling season is in full swing and Pork Be inspired is having their annual Dibs on my Ribs! recipe contest* where winning groceries for an entire YEAR is as simple as submitting your best recipe!
While I can certainly use free groceries for a year, I haven’t the time to come up with something super creative. I do, however, make some tasty ribs. Let me walk you through my process.
First, I marinate my ribs for 30 minutes in white wine and my favorite seasonings; Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning, onion salt, and Grill Mates Mesquite. My mother has always poured beer over her ribs and they always came out tender and juicy. I use white wine since I usually have it on hand for other dishes… it makes everything tastier.
I usually don’t smoke my ribs, but Pork® Be inspired® sent me a package full of grilling goodies that included a woodchip set and I was curious to try it. This of course adds a little extra time to my usual prep. I soaked a tray of Mesquite woodchips in water while the ribs marinated and prepped the grill with the woodchips per the instructions.
I like to add more seasoning to my ribs once I get them on the grill.
When I flip ‘em, I add some more.
After the ribs are done cooking, I brush on some sauce… which varies. I just started making homemade sauce. It’s a family recipe and I’ve been sworn to secrecy. Shhh, don’t.tell.noooobo.dyyy!
Mmm Hmmm! They’re as good as they look!
How do you cook your ribs, do you have a favorite recipe or technique? I’d love to know!
* Dibs On My Ribs Cookoff Details
- Entry period: Now until August 12
- Contest entries are being collected at: PorkBeInspired.com/DibsonMyRibs
- Eligible entries will be displayed on the site for consumer voting; the “Consumer’s Choice” recipe will be an automatic finalist into the contest.
- 2 categories: Indoor Preparation and Outdoor Preparation
- 3 finalists will be chosen from each category
- Recipes must include:
- A McCormick spice/seasoning
- A Kraft sauce (if a sauce is used in the recipe)
- 6 finalists (3 using Indoor Preparation and 3 using Outdoor Preparation) will compete in a finale event cook-off on October 12, 2012 at Tyson Foods, Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas
- PRIZES: 1 winner from each category will win “Groceries for a year from Walmart” and a trip for two to Memphis in May, 2013
I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart is compensating me for sharing the Dibs on my Ribs Cookoff. My participation is voluntary and all words and opinions are always my own.