Cereal Breakfast Muffins
Author: Sheena Tatum
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup Quaker Life Cereal Original
- ½ cup Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
- 1 cup Silk Almond Milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Soak cereals in almond milk in a mixing bowl for 15 minutes. Mix in egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups ¾ full. Crumble Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds on top for a streusel topping.
- Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins are firm and a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Recipe by Sophistishe at http://sophistishe.com/2014/07/back-to-school-breakfast-cereal-muffins/