A closeup of my creative confections.
Earlier this month, Wilton sent me a big ol’ box of goodies to create some treats for Halloween and Fall. I received supplies to make cookies and cupcakes and well, the cookies were a #fail and I tried twice! Ah the joys of baking gluten-free. The cookies themselves were some of the chewiest and yummiest cookies EVAR, but I couldn’t get them to hold their shapes.
These are supposed to be pumpkins, candy corn, Frankenstein heads, and cats. Yea. Recipe for these coming soon.
Tired of fighting with the cookies, I decided to bake some pumpkin muffins which burned on the bottom. Darn oven. So I moved on to cupcakes. Sometimes baking can be such a headache, lol!
The recipe that I used is a simple vanilla cake recipe with a little nutmeg for Fall comfort. I figured I’d play it safe and not spend too much time on these since the pumpkin muffins consisted of so many ingredients. I forgot to add baking powder, so my cupcakes are hanging a little low.
My big boy helped line the tins!
- 1½ Cups Pamela's All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¾ Cup Earth Balance Butter (soy/dairy-free)
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- Egg Replacer for 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk (dairy-free)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg replacer and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and milk in increments until combined.
- Pour the batter into cupcake tins lined with baking cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool, frost, and decorate (with vegan frosting and sprinkles if you're going the vegan route)
I totally just freestyled the decorations. I used different tips for different colors since I only had two star shaped tips. Note to self: Have at least 4 of the same tips on hand. I felt a little indifferent about my decor job, but after I started photographing them, my head blew up a little. They look darn good to be rushed ;).
Classy for Fall!
I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart is compensating me for sharing my experience with this season’s Wilton baking products with you. All words and opinions are always my own. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Thank you for visiting and supporting Sophistishe!