And the winner is: lilshuga2001
I have to say that I baked the best cupcakes ever for Jayden’s 2nd birthday. Seriously. Since we were going with a simple star theme, I wanted the cupcakes to be in the shape of stars. I had already saved a simple recipe for mini vanilla cupcakes I found on Weelicious and Wilton offered to send us baking materials which included star shaped mini cake pans for the party. Sweet. After making these cupcakes, I don’t think I’ll ever use cake mix in a box ever again. Here’s the recipe with some modifications made by myself. There’s also a surprise waiting for you at the end of this post :).
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
(Makes about 8 Star Shaped Cupcakes)
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Whole Milk (I used soy)
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and beat on low speed until combined.
5. Slowly add some of the flour mixture and then some of the milk, alternating until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go.
6. Pour the batter into greased mini star pans.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
8. Cool, frost, and decorate.
Cream Cheese Frosting (Makes About 1 Cup)
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
4 Tbsp (1/4 Cup) Butter, softened
1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Wilton Blue Sparkle Gel Tube
1 Wilton Royal Blue Ready-To-Use Icing Tube
1. Place the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat for 30 seconds on low to medium speed using a hand mixer.
2. Add the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla and continue to beat for 1 minute or until frosting is smooth and creamy.
3. Frost and decorate the cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cupcakes may stiffen, so pop them in the microwave or oven a few seconds before serving.
Original recipe courtesy of Weelicious. Text in blue indicate my notes.
One of you will win a package complete with everything Wilton sent us for Jayden’s birthday! The package will include:
2 Mini Star Pans
All Purpose Spatula
Scoop-it Measuring Cups
Scoop-it Measuring Spoons
Color Flame Candles (your choice)
2 Wilton Sparkle Gel Tubes (your choice)
2 Wilton Ready-To-Use Icing Tubes (your choice)
Tip And Nail Set
For a chance to win, answer the following question: What are some of your favorite treats to bake or eat?
Want another entry?: Tweet the following message. Leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so.
Win a Wilton Cupcake Baking Prize Pack ($70 ARV) from #sophistishe ! http://bit.ly/98i3xk
Want another entry?: subscribe to my feed (don’t forget to click the verification link emailed to you) and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so.
Want another entry?: Become one of my Sophistipeeps. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (right sidebar). Leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so.
Want another entry?: “Like” me on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so.
Comments will close on May 21st, 2010 at 7PM CST. A winner from the U.S. will then be randomly selected and announced at the top of this post. Good luck!