This is my hair on a normal basis. It’s either in this style which is a twist out, or twists, or an afro puff held in place by a hair tie. It’s how I handle things best. So when I was asked to use the Motions Straight Finish method on my hair and report back I wondered what I had signed myself up for. The good thing is, the method is super simple and anyone can do it.
The process consists of three steps: Cleaner (Prep) → Leave In Conditioner (Protect) → Straight Finish Sealer (Seal)
I’m one of those women.
Motions Straight Finish has several benefits.
- Offers styling versatility to women with natural hair – curly, straight and back again.
- Helps alleviate natural hair concerns such as “shrinkage”
- Provides optimal straightening results with a smooth, frizz-reduced finish
- Non-permanent – curl pattern will bounce back immediately after one wash
What came about from the process, wash, condition (leave in), straight finish sealer, blow dry, flat iron, curl, were straight hair and curls for days! The steps are laid out for you on the back of each product bottle, along with suggested usage amounts for the type of hair that you have: short/fine, medium length/texture especially long/thick hair. I used the suggested amounts for the textured hair because my coil pattern is very tight. Sir Twizzler and I have almost the same curl pattern, so you know what might be coming next, right? Below, are photos from all steps after blowdrying and the process of everything. My portion of this took all of 30 minutes. From wash to finishing the flat iron process. The styling WOULD have taken 30 minutes, but my great friend and I were laughing so much that we went over an hour. I digress.
1. Post wash, leave in conditioner and blow dry. 2. Straight Finish Sealer and flat ironed hair. 3. The reason why hair stylists exist. Because I can’t style my straightened hair for ANYTHING. 4. In between, I checked to see if I could do a simple flat twist on my hair, and it was super easy. I can see using this product to do a pin up style soon!
All done! Going to wear it this way for about a week and then do a wash. Mr. Houseful’s favorite photo. Reppin’ the World’s Finest NAVY!
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I do insert relevant affiliate links into my posts. Thank you for your support.