I love new things, which usually leads to spending money unnecessarily and filling our home with more stuff. While I still love to shop, I’ve been able to satisfy my itch by repurposing. I started seeds for the garden using toilet paper rolls as mini pots and I created an indoor herb garden using mason jars. I plan on making party decorations using old newspapers which I will be sharing soon. It’s simple things like these that spark my creativity and keep the excess out of our home.
In celebration of Earth Month, Walmart is sponsoring a “Pin to Win” contest and I will be a judge :-). This contest will showcase some of the most creatively reused and repurposed items submitted. Walmart will also be offering tips to help “Waste-Proof Your Home” on the Green Room.
How To Enter
- Users must create a dedicated Walmart Green Earth Month: Recycle Revamp pinboard
- Users must repin Walmart Green’s Recycle Revamp contest pin that links back to the Green Room and pin a photo of their creative up-cycled project that creates something new out of old items
- Users must include the #WalmartGreen hashtag and a caption of how they reused old items to make something new in their upcycled project pin
- Walmart (with Ketchum’s support) will provide the top 10 pinboards to Walmart Mom bloggers, who will then judge the top three best projects
- Winners’ prizing will be tiered for the top three images ($100, $250, $500 gift cards)
- Timing: April 12 – April 30; winner announced May 6
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.