I love new things, which usually leads to spending money unnecessarily and filling our home with more stuff. While I still love to shop, I’ve been able to satisfy my itch by repurposing. I started seeds for the garden using toilet paper rolls as mini pots and I created an indoor herb garden using mason jars. I plan on making party decorations using old newspapers which I will be sharing soon. It’s simple things like these that spark my creativity and keep the excess out of our home.
In celebration of Earth Month, Walmart is sponsoring a “Pin to Win” contest and I will be a judge :-). This contest will showcase some of the most creatively reused and repurposed items submitted. Walmart will also be offering tips to help “Waste-Proof Your Home” on the Green Room.
How To Enter
- Users must create a dedicated Walmart Green Earth Month: Recycle Revamp pinboard
- Users must repin Walmart Green’s Recycle Revamp contest pin that links back to the Green Room and pin a photo of their creative up-cycled project that creates something new out of old items
- Users must include the #WalmartGreen hashtag and a caption of how they reused old items to make something new in their upcycled project pin
- Walmart (with Ketchum’s support) will provide the top 10 pinboards to Walmart Mom bloggers, who will then judge the top three best projects
- Winners’ prizing will be tiered for the top three images ($100, $250, $500 gift cards)
- Timing: April 12 – April 30; winner announced May 6
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I insert relevant affiliate links in my posts. Thank you for your support.