Making Smore’s is one of our favorite Summer activities.
And while the good ol’ fashioned way is what we’re used to, this year I wanted to make the ordinary a little extraordinary with a twist.
Ooey gooey delectable yum.
It all started with this…. a care package Hershey’s sent me to celebrate National Smore’s Day.
I crumbled up graham crackers, made my own flour *cheese*, got a little generous with the chocolate, and dumped in some chia seeds (Thanks Bob’s Red Mill!) out of habit.
The outcome was a delicious cookie dough that I think I may make in batches and freeze.
In to the oven they go! (Thanks Naomi for this fantastic dough scooper!)
They baked for about 8 minutes. Then, I topped them with chocolate chips and as Jayden says, “Marshpillows”.
I let them bake for 2 more minutes and now we have desert for the week!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1½ cups marshmallows, mini or torn in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. In a second bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mxing until consistently creamy. Slowly add creamy mixture to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop dough using onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push a few pieces of chocolate chips and marshmallows into each cookie. Return them to the oven and bake an additional 2 minutes until cookies are fully baked. Watch them closely if you want less melted marshmallows. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
How do you make your S’mores… ordinary or with a twist?
Through September 7th, you can visit the Hershey’s Facebook page to discover new ways to bond around the campfire and create S’mores-inspired memories all summer long. Camp Bondfire will also offer weekly tips, stories and activities focused on a variety of themes and encourage fans to join the fun by registering to be a “Camper of the Week” for a chance to win awesome outdoor prizes like a backyard fire pit.
I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart is compensating me for sharing this recipe idea. My participation is voluntary and all words and opinions are always my own.
Thank you for visiting and supporting Sophistishe!