I am lucky enough to know some pretty inspiring people. There are too many to count and I never feel right singling out just one. Collectively, these friends and family members are selfless and regularly:
• Ask for donations to their churches and shelters instead of birthday gifts
• Serve women and children overseas
• Randomly and sometimes anonymously mail care packages to struggling friends
• Hand out “blessing bags” to the homeless
• Serve as child mentors
This holiday season I am partnering with Cooking Planit to celebrate the Givers in our lives and communities. Do you know someone who gives to others without looking for recognition or reward? Tell us their story, in a short, inspiring story, and 5 stories will be selected for a $250 reward. And the grand prize winner will win $1,000 for the charity of their choice. 5 Winners will be chosen from all the entries based on how inspiring their story is and how they empower others through their eﬀorts.
NOMINATE YOUR INSPIRATION
In 300 words or less:
• Recognize an individual who is making the diﬀerence in the lives of others in your community;
• Share how they donating their time, energy or love with a focus on helping others without necessarily thinking of
• Give details on how they are working to improve lives of others
If you’re inspiring person is chosen, they will receive a $250 gift card to help them celebrate Thanksgiving. And you will win $100, as our way of saying, “Thank You.”
So warm up your pens, keyboard… rather, and warm up the hearts of all of us this Thanksgiving. Tell us about your most inspiring local leader who demonstrates selﬂess giving this holiday season.