Instead of trick or treating for candy this year, why not consider collecting donations for a charitable cause? There are still people out there who give change for Halloween so it isn’t too far-fetched. Trick or Treat for UNICEF is a 60 year-old program that gives kids the chance to help others during Halloween. The program provides all sorts of tools for kids to collect donations such as flyers and most notably fun kits to create special donation boxes to aid their philanthropic efforts. To date, UNICEF has raised more than $167 million with their Halloween program and every donation, big or small, makes a difference.
- Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF is one of the longest-running youth volunteer initiatives in America. For 62 years, it has helped motivate kids to become active global citizens while teaching the fundamental value of helping others.
- Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF encourages kids of all ages to help raise funds for their peers in developing countries by going door-to-door on Halloween night or participating in other festive fundraising activities.
- Through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, more than $167 million has been raised, providing children in 190 countries and territories with much-needed health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more.
- In 1950, during the aftermath of World War II, the original Kids Helping Kids Campaign® launched as girls and boys across the nation collected coins to aid children still affected by the war. Today, the mission to save and improve children’s lives is more important than ever.
How You Can Help
- Text the word “TOT” to UNICEF (864233) to make a $10.00 donation.
- Make your Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF donation online.
- Take coins to any Coinstar Kiosk and select “UNICEF” to donate them directly.
- Follow UNICEF on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
More DIY & Recipe Inspiration!
I'm excited to partner with The Ultimate DIY Bundle, your instant go-to library for a whole range of carefully curated DIY and crafting eBooks and eCourses! You'll LOVE this carefully curated library of over 76 eBooks and eCourses from the world’s leading DIY and crafting bloggers – enabling you to pick a project and jump straight into it with confidence. It’s the perfect tool to skip the information overload and jump straight into a new activity. Topics in the bundle include: Home decor, Furniture painting, Photography and Editing, Chalk pastels, Handmade gifts, Homemade skincare products, Cake decorating, Paint colors and interior design… and a whole lot more (76 eBooks and eCourses in total) – to help you be inspired or get started with your next DIY or crafting project! Don’t miss your chance to grab The Ultimate DIY Bundle, and get 76 incredible eBooks and eCourses for just $34.95. All you need to do is take action by midnight on Monday, January 26! This amazing deal ends in just…