One of my favorite things about Fall is apple season! Every year, our local Walmart store puts all things apples front and center in the produce section. While we buy apples all year ’round, Apple Fest is still an exciting event we look forward to during the Fall. I recently picked up some organic gala apples for $3.97. I was definitely surprised to find organic apples since they are normally not available in my local store. With those delicious organic galas, I decided to make an easy coffee cake loaded with both white chocolate and caramel morsels and walnuts.
This coffee cake is fool proof. Just mix it. Bake it and bam, you have a sweet fall treat to enjoy with your pumpkin spice latte. ;-) You can use a variety of fruits and nuts, which would be great for the upcoming holiday season! I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you try it!
- 1 stick salted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for dish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts + another ¼ cup for topping
- 2 large organic gala apples cut into ½-inch cubes (peeling optional)
- ½ white chocolate morsels + another ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup caramel candy morsels + another ¼ cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 X 9 brownie pan or two bread loaf pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl beat the butter, sugar and egg together until creamy.
- Fold in chopped walnuts, white chocolate, caramel, and apples until combined. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Spread batter in pan(s). Top with the remaining walnuts, white chocolate, and caramel candies and bake until golden, for about 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
How do you bring the flavors of fall into your home?
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.